cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me to solve a ERROR WITH THE IDOC ADAPTOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a runtime error when an inbound interface was tested .The file was picked up and the communication channel monitoring showed the FTP sender communication channel was working properly , but still a error apperared as , ' IDOC_ADAPTER (DATA-record contains wrong IDoc-number)' ..

I have even gone through many of the previous forums but iam unable to get a solution.

So,can anyone help me out in this issue..

Im very new to XI, so i would be happy if the answer is in simple terms..

The error message is given below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!-- 
 Call Adapter 
--> 
- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand=""> 
<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category> 
<u><b><SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_METADATA</SAP:Code> 
<SAP:P1>IDOC_ADAPTER (DATA-record contains wrong IDoc-number)</SAP:P1></b></u> 
<SAP:P2 /> 
<SAP:P3 /> 
<SAP:P4 /> 
<SAP:AdditionalText /> 
<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> 
<SAP:Stack>Error: IDOC_ADAPTER (DATA-record contains wrong IDoc-number)</SAP:Stack> 
<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 
</SAP:Error>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, it is showing that error is in idoc attribute. where the lenght of idoc number which is coming from source is not matching to the lenght of idoc number in r/3,

so give the correct idoc number by looking length in r/3 side, and do the mapping for all the required fields which are in red status at receiver side,so that it will work

properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this is an inbound scenario , i have checked the ports and nothing is wrong with them , i log on to a client system and development work is done over there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested did you delete the Metadata and tried to post the file again?

Other option is the check the IDOC-CC parameters once again.

Make sure EDI_DC40 is supressed in the IDOC.

Cheers,

*RAJ*

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukerjee,

in SXMB_MONI what is the status of this message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the code attached below is the error message shown and the status is a failure ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

as i said earlier these idocs are used from the client system and people here are apprehensive about the idea of deleting the meta data as the idoc may be used for some other purpose .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check in IDX2 whether you have imported your IDOC type or not?

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also in the configuration, open your Business system and goto Services->Adapter Specific Attributes. Make sure that the Logical system, R/3 System ID and Client details are maintained there.

Regards,

Kumar

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukerjee,

Go to IDX1 and check RFC destination.i guess its problem with RFC destination to target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete IDOC metadata from IDX2 (Expand ur port & select Idoc Types & deleta metadata) & send the IDOC again.

Regards

Sushil

Message was edited by:

Sushil Sarda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sushl,

what do u say about deleting these meta data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mukharjee,

Have u deleted the metadata & tried to send the IDOC again..??

Try it & let us know if problem still exist.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hey Mukharjee,

>

> Have u deleted the metadata & tried to send the IDOC

> again..??

> Try it & let us know if problem still exist.

>

> Regards

> Sushil

i don have permission to delete the idoc meta data ...still, if i had the permission how can

i send an idoc again ? (iam a begineer) pls provide us the steps of doin it so that it will benifit us in other cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey SK,

I think u have got us wrong. When we say delete IDOC metadata, it should be done in IDX2 in XI system. We always import idoc definition in XI first which goes & sits as IDOC metadata & you can always delete it & next time when IDOC comes in XI, it will be reloaded automatically & it will not affect R/3 at all.

As far as permissions are concerned, you need to ask your basis administrator for it.

Regards

Sushil