cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing date vs Billing date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How different is pricing date from billing date in Sales order?

I guess both should be same but i found these two dates in different tabs of sales order display !

Can any one clarify me pls?

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

If the order happens today and Delivery happens on some other day, then both pricing date and billing date will be different.

check when the order is created and PGI done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Pricing date or billing date will have different purposes in the sales order. In the customization of condition type we can set any of these dates are the base for the system to find out the valid condition record for a particualr condition type. There are different options available like Pricing date, Billing date, Creation date, Service rendered date etc. Based on the settings, it will pick up the valid condition record.

Generally for the condition types like price, discounts, pricing date will be the base to pick up the condition record.

When we are creating the Order related billing, the billing date in the sales order will be defaulted as billing date for the invoice.

Hope this will help you

Regards,

Ravikiran Pochiraju

0 Kudos

pricing date directy reflects condition record period

billing date- is the date on which we prepares inv.if inv prepares w.r.t pgi then it may be same as pgi date.

or inv create w.r.t order the it refers sales order or present date

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pricing date is the date which will be generated when the sales order is raised and saved

billing date is the date which will be generated when the invoice is raised.

in some cases we will generate the billing document along with the sales order . and some times we will wait till the customers receives the goods then we will raise the invoice

pls reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali