cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR creation in easyDMS through template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyway to create DIR in easyDMS through template.

Thanks.

Anirudh,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your reply. It is exactly what I needed.

Best regards and keep up the good work.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

I'm glad to hear that this information could be useful for you. In case your question is solved please assign point to mark this question as answered.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

Seems the original poster for this thread did not mark it as a question, which means I cannot assign those pointy things?

Any way to resolve it?

I think you deserve at least a 1000 points

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I would like to pick your brains a bit about a DMS Consolidation that I need to take on.

Should I start a new forum?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Freddie.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

if you are talking about a new question then please post a new thread in the DMS forum.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I see this thread is very old, but I will post here.

Is there an easier way to create the folder structure in EasyDMS, instead of Create Folder option from the menu/right click.

I have 800 folders that I want to create.

Perhaps a Function in SAP to create the BOM's which are then reflected in EDMS?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Freddie.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

as the folder structure in EasyDMS means to be a document BOM in the backend SAP system, you can enhance this structure in transaction CV12 in the backend too. So in this backend transaction you can choose the head folder document under which you want to add additional documents or folders and then just insert the document info records. Based on your description I did further tests and debugging in our internal test system. By debugging the folder creation process out of EasyDMS I found out that the correct sequence of function modules is:

- BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2

- CSAP_DOC_BOM_CREATE

- BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2

- BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2

1. BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2

Here the new document info record is created. This document should be the new folder at the end. Therefore the following data needs to be handed over:

table DOCUMENTDATA

DOCUMENTTYPE FOL (this should be the folder document type)

DOCUMENTNUMBER *

DOCUMENTVERSION *

DOCUMENTPART 000

DESCRIPTION (= sample description)

USERNAME HOPFC

STATUSEXTERN

STATUSINTERN AA

STATUSLOG

LABORATORY

ECNUMBER

VALIDFROMDATE 00000000

2. CSAP_DOC_BOM_CREATE

After the new document info record (DIR) is created this document data needs to be handed over to the function module CSAP_DOC_BOM_CREATE which is responsible for making a document BOM header out of it. Here just fill in the following data:

DOCUMENT 10000043129 (number generated by CREATE2)

DOC_TYPE FOL

DOC_PART 000

DOC_VERS 00

3. BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2

This BAPI is necessary to read the current existing data for the superior folder (e.g. private folder) and its structure. Because the existing document structure needs to be handed over to the BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 to grant a correct update of the document BOM. So please use this BAPI to get the whole document data and hand it over to the BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 then.

4. BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2

Now the newly created folder needs to be added to a header folder and therefore this BAPI is used. Therefore please fill in the following data in table DOCUMENTDATA and DOCUMENTSTRUCTURE:

DOCUMENTDATA

DOCUMENTTYPE FOL

DOCUMENTNUMBER HOPFC (= superior folder like private one)

DOCUMENTVERSION -

DOCUMENTPART 000

DESCRIPTION

USERNAME

STATUSEXTERN

STATUSINTERN

STATUSLOG

LABORATORY

ECNUMBER

VALIDFROMDATE 00000000

REVLEVEL

DOCUMENTSTRUCTURE

DH1 10000003980 000 00 1.000

FOL 10000043129 000 00 1.000(new folder)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Additionally please note that the DMS BAPIs always require the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT afterwards to save the changes correctly to the database tables. I hope that this description could be useful for you to create a report which enables you to create folder structures in the backend.

I hope that this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

daniel_huber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

there is no explicit functionality in EasyDMS like 'create DIR with template'. But you can just use copy and paste functionality in Easy DMS to have the same result.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

Can you tell us more what exatly you want to do?

Regds,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are working on your pc where you have folder structure in easydms. You created one DIR under a folder. Now you want to create another DIR by using template of earlier DIR. In sap when you create DIR it gives you option of creating DIR by using template.

There is no template option (see last tab "Technical details" easydms window)

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that is not supported with easyDMS.

Regds,

Anubhav