cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Portal Cannot be accessed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I've an Enterprise Portal on Windows 2003 and it is a java only installation. It was working all fine. Till I restarted the server. After taking a restart of the system the protal site is not visible. It gives a page cannot be displayed error message. The port that I use is 50000. When I give the command netstat -a, it does not show any It gives an Restart was taken in a normal manner....stopping SAP and DB and then restarting the OS.

I'm not sure on how I can troubleshoot and what needs to be checked. Can some guide me on this

Regards

Alfred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187661
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Do you have a JCM? Can you see the status of the dispatcher and the server?

Have you checked the server logs?

This is the path for a UNIX box, I am assuming windows will have something similar...

Applications log:

\usr\sap\<sid>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server*\log

std_server*.out:

\usr\sap\<sid>\DVEBMGS00\work

default.trace:

<J2EE_dir>\cluster\server0\log\defaultTrace.trc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.Go to SAP management Console.Look for the Status of the Instance.Is it Fully grey/Yellowish/green.

Grey--->completely stopped.

Yellow------->Starting or Could not start due to some errors.

Green---->fully started.

2.If it is grey-->Right click on instance and say start all applications.

Meanwhile,if is doesn't start ,Right click on instance and You can see the Developer trace,which will give you a hint of error.

3.Go to services.msc and start all services related to your instance.

4.You can also manaully start applications through telnet,if this doesn't workout.

5.Engine may not come up due to memory constraints also.For this you can follow note 723909 and do changes using configtool.But remember after doing any changes in configtool,save n restart.

reward points if helpful............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alfred,

Try to login with the domain name of your server i.e

xxxx.xxx.xxxx.com:50200/portal

further your port no should be:- port=50000+(100*central instance number)

Regards,

Jafer