Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I have one client (340) which is not used for a long time ,

I want to delete this client . I have the following queries.

1.) We have never loggin to this client or we have forgotten the user name and password. We also do not know the default SAP* and DDIC password.

2.) This client is on the same servers on which our production client (diffrent client no.)resides.Hence is there any connection between there client . What are the checks to be carried out before deletion of the 340 cleint . Will the production cleint has any effect by the deletion of 340 client.

3.) What is the process of deleting the client.

I have never done any client related activity , can your provided any documentation for the same.

Regards

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony ,

To retrieve the default SAP* Password , delete user SAP* from client 340 using sql query :

DELETE FROM SAPSR3.USR02 WHERE MANDT='<CLIENT>'

AND BNAME='SAP*' ;

After successfully execution of query login into client 340 using user SAP* with password PASS .

2.) This client is on the same servers on which our production client (different client no.)resides.Hence is there any connection between there client . What are the checks to be carried out before deletion of the 340 cleint . Will the production cleint has any effect by the deletion of 340 client.

Logically there is no connection with client 340 ( Still confirm with Functional / ABAP consultant if they have any dependency on 340 .

Yes it will degrade the performance of system while deleting the client -> Schedule this activity weekend or night .

3 ) To delete use Tcode : SCC5 in target client (340).

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Payal / Santosh ,

Thanks both for the support .

Now I am able to loggin to that client and i have also understod the process of client deletion..

I have one more question ,

1.) When starting the Client deletion , wich user should i be log in into .

2.) How much time will it take for the client deletion.

3.) Will it free up any space in the system.

4.) Is there any backup to be taken (of the whole system or only the client which is been deleted).

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anthony ,

have one more question ,

1.) When starting the Client deletion , wich user should i be log in into -> SAP* will do

2.) How much time will it take for the client deletionvv-> Depend on Hardware / SAP release / DB Size

3.) Will it free up any space in the system -> It depends but of cource yes

4.) Is there any backup to be taken (of the whole system or only the client which is been deleted).-> It is recommanded to take full backup of System as you are dealing with Production System

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh Karadkar ,

Thanks once again for you help ,

I have deleted the client . But I have some more doubts ,

1.)I can still login to this client , but only through SAP* (rest all users are deleted).

2.) In the Table T000 or scc4 , i can still see the client .

3.)I which T-code or Table do i get all the client that are configured or deleted .

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have not select the check box ( Delete entry from T000 ) .

Any way still you can delete again try to execute SCC5 check if it`s allow you to excute / delete or delete the entry from SCC4 .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh ,

Thanks for the valuable help .I have restarted the deletion with the "delete from T000" tick ..

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No need to start the client deletion again. just go to SCC4 go to the change mode and then delete the entry for client 340. Your jobs done.

-Madhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

we ll take your doubts one by one.

1) to log into client, you will have to go at database level and delete SAP* user from <DB_SCHEMA>.USR02 table for client 340.

Please make sure you delete SAP* from client 340.

Then after you will be able to log into client with SAP* and "pass" password.

2)There won't be any problem with production client if you will delete the client 340.

Because it will delete client -specific data only.

3) The procedure to delete client.

go to SCC5-> Enter your client number (here 340)

check on delete from T000.

Execute it as "Delete as background"

It will take some time.

Regards,

Payal Patel