cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping CMP EJBs to existing tables

0 Kudos

Did I miss something or is there really no way to map container managed EJBs to existing tables?

As you seemingly only can map fields of an entity bean to tables done in a dictionary project I can't think of a way to do it unless there is a way to trick dictionary projects to resemble existing tables instead of tables managed by the dictionary.

This really prevents porting many existing apps to NW04 the 'easy way'.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SvetoManolov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

yes you miss the ability to specify the OR Mapping in the persistent.xml without using the Netweaver Developer Studio wizard which helps you with the mapping if you already have a dictionary project.

Porting an existing application in fact means to map OR Mapping descriptors as they are vendor specific.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Svetoslav

0 Kudos

I was refering to the possibility of other J2EE engines (WebSphere) where you can map existing DB tables to container managed Entity EJB by the use of a wizard.

I think manually editing persitent.xml won't help as I can't think of a way to specify the use of existing DB structures in persistent.xml. To my knowledge it only works with a dictionary project, no matter what you specify.

If, however, there is any way to access existing tables by manually editing persitent.xml I would very much like to hear about some details, or some links to details

Maybe it is possible to specify a dictonary project that resembles the exiting tables and then switching off the deploy feature of the dictionary...

SvetoManolov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible to create the persistent.xml without existing dictionary project, i.e. to specify OR Mapping to existing DB schema without having dictionary project defined for it. The SAP Netweaver IDE will report a warning as its validations will fail, but this will not break the build.

Of course it is possible to create a fake dictionary project and omit its deployment as you think this will save time.

Detailed information about the perisstent.xml structure can be found in the IDE help (or at help.sap.com)

Developing Enterprise Beans -> Enterprise Bean Structure -> persistent.dtd

Regards,

Svetoslav

Message was edited by: Svetoslav Manolov

Answers (0)