Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw- specify files step

Former Member
0 Kudos

In lsmw im not able to get any our put in the step read data it is showing me error not able to read file.

i check with the files in apllication server as well as the path i specified in lsmw .they both are same with out any case sensitive.

step specify files:

so now import data

and convert data are there in the same step.

now when i specify the import data ,it is throwing me an information message this file has already been assign to another object.

it is showing the same for convert data as well

so now my question is due to this i may not be able to read the data or what ?

thanks in advance

Aru

reward points given .

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

there might be some issue while reading the flat file. The fields might not be matching.

Try doing the new LSMW process for the tcode. It should be working.

Regards

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this can happen because of 2 reasons

1) If you are using 2 structures ( Header and Item ) then their are some fields which should be in both structures . And those field should have same value

You can check this in step ( Generate read programme ) . At this step there is statement like

loop at HEADER_ITEM_DATA

where OLD_SERVTICKET_NUM =

HEADER_DATA-OLD_SERVTICKET_NUM

in the above example OLD_SERVTICKET_NUM is a field which both structures should have same value

2) Second reason can be that number of fields in your flat file might not be same in your structures fields which you have defined in 3rd step

Plz check

Reward points

Thanks