cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Columns in Web template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a web template that contains an analysis, my query have 6 fields in rows and 3 in columns. I just want to hide these columns from the display in template. Is there any way to hide all columns in Web template and not in the query.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in web template-table's property, uncheck, display data cells and display column headers..

note : in query - all infoobjects in rows should have results suppressed.

no need to create an additional view..

• reward if helpful **

Message was edited by:

Pradhiba Velumani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradhiba by unchecking display data cells i got the desired ouput that is no data is coming for columns but if i uncheck display column header then all the headers are invisible from rows also. for e.g if in my query i had following fields in my rows customer no., customer name, sales document and in columns amout, currency etc. then my template has to display all data under rows with headings i.

customer no. customer name sales documen

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats one prob...

what u can do is, give the column headings in the table title with some space in between to match the data, though not perfectly... this is a bad idea though..

try it out..

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please tell me whrere i can give this headings in template...im using BI 7.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

try - with tray - ON and change CAPTION

**helpful answers deserve some points***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answers surely deserves points for contributing ur time and helping me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradhiba tried that option but thing is that even if i provide heading with proper spacing to match my data columns when i execute the template all titles appears without spacing

Former Member
0 Kudos

open DHTML tab, in the place where the table definition is there, and where caption is defined,instead of space use  

for instance x z

should come like - for 3 spaces..

x   z

Message was edited by:

Pradhiba Velumani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever been rendered by the query is going to be in the template, there is no place where you can manage column in the template. One thing I would recommend is to create a view from the query and on the view remove the fields you don't want to see and attach the view to the template instead of the query. That way, you are not making changes to the query at all.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please tell me how to create the query view and one more thing if in future i make some changes in my original query will it be reflected in the query view as we are creating these templates for export to PDF functionality which has to be exact same as displayed by the query on portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute the query and filter key figures and remove drill down or add drill down, once you get the desired format, go to Save and click the last one save in global view; give tech name and description. The go to the template and click on the view which is next to the query select button to select the view you just created.. then you are good to go.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wond isnt it that this view will become somewhat static......i.e not reflect my future changes ?? correct me if i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes/No, if you want to add some filters or restriction on the query, it will automatically gets reflected on the view as well, but if you make some changes in the format of presentation of the query, then you need to recreate the view.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have executed the query, given a particular selection but im not able to remove the columns from the ouput of my query. can u tell me how to do that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to tell u one thing....

i have 3 columns in query on which there is a condition, and i have made there display setting as 'Hide (can be shown)' but these columns are still coming up in the output......is there any settting that can lead to invisble in the query output itself...