Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIME_OUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am executing the transaction V.02 for a particular sales organization and distribution channel.

Since there are huge records in the VBAK table, the time taken to fetch the records is very large.

Exactly after 30 th minute, it shows a dump with "ABAP runtime errors, time_out".

This is because " The maximum runtime of a program is set by the profile parameter

"rdisp/max_wprun_time"." has exceeded..

Now i tried for OSS Notes.. but the OSS Note is unavailable for my version 4.6C.

Am not able to execute the transaction. What can be done to resolve this TIME_OUT problem.

btw i had tried with the BASIS people in reorganising and rebuilting the VBAK table.

what can i do to solve this issue.. i need to provide a solution immediately...

Thanks in adv..

will be rewarded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is bcoz the default parameter that was set for wp_max_runtime is 20minutes and after executing for 20 min....the system also allocate more 10min...to run before descarding the process....

so best way is to increase the values of the parameter wp_max_runtime more so that u r process runs successfully....and if possible then run it in night.....time only....

if possible then execute that thorigh the program and execute that program in background so there is no threat of disconnecting the process...

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is bcoz the default parameter that was set for wp_max_runtime is 20minutes and after executing for 20 min....the system also allocate more 10min...to run before descarding the process....

so best way is to increase the values of the parameter wp_max_runtime more so that u r process runs successfully....and if possible then run it in night.....time only....

if possible then execute that thorigh the program and execute that program in background so there is no threat of disconnecting the process...

Regards,