cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule agreement schedule line create production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possilble to create a scheduling agreement with each schedule line create a production order?

Thanks

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steven,

unfortunately there is really no good documentation of all possible restrictions of using multiple schedule lines in the assembly processing. But it is really the case.

From SAP side the existance of such restrictions is partially documented in the FAQ note 764611. Here you can find:

1. Question:

Can there be several schedule lines for each sales order item with a static assembly?

In general, static assembly processing is designed to use one

requested schedule line for each item in the sales order. However, you

can also use static assembly processing if several requested schedule

lines exist for each item in the sales order. However, there are

restrictions.

2. Question:

What are the restrictions with several schedule lines in the sales order

in connection with static assembly processing?

The following restrictions exist for the static assembly:

2a. When you change a sales order, the schedule lines may be confirmed

at a later date than is possible.

Example: During the creation, two requested schedule lines can be

confirmed. Then the receipt is postponed for one component so that the

second schedule line can no longer be confirmed at the requested date

although the first schedule line could still be confirmed at the

requested date. However, during a further availability check, the first

schedule line is no longer confirmed at the requested date.

The system behaves as described above because the availability check

assumes that the requirement quantity that is confirmed for the

component for the first schedule line of the header material is

confirmed for the same component for the second schedule line.

2b. Further restrictions may exist. This list does not claim to be

complete.

==========================================

As I have already said, quite generally the process is not forbidden. But it seems to be that sometimes you will see some unexpected reactions from the system because the case of multiple schedule lines was never specially designed, never tested and it is possible that the system will reacts not as expected.

But generally, the process is not forbidden. You can try to start and to test.

Unfortunately the note 764611 is the only note where the restrictions of using multiple schedule lines in assembly processing are mentioned.

And because the process itself is not tested from SAP side, we cannot exclude the unexpected system response in some cases. Please test the process very carefully.

I hope on your understanding that it is impossible to describe all possible restrictions of such a process. Therefore their existance only mentioned in the note 764611.

I hope nevertheless, that this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal,

Many thanks again!

Regards

Steven

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steven,

no, I am sorry to inform you that you cannot use the assembly (make-to order) functionality in the scherduling agreements. Both assembly and third-party processing is not supported for scheduling agreements.

There is also SAP note 378144 which documents this restriction of scheduling agreements.

I am very sorry that I cannot give you another response, but hope nevertheless that my response helps you further and explains your inquiry.

I hope, this info helps you.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal,

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering whehter this is possible if in a regular sales order, I could apply to mulitple schedule lines and each will create a seperated production order or third-party order?

Thanks

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steven,

thank you for your second question. Generally it is possible to have multiple schedule lines in a standard order for assembly or third-party processing, but SAP strongly recommends to avoid this, because there are many technical restrictions in using the process by such a way. It seems to be that you will have some problem with rejecting or deleting the item, with assigning the confirmed or delivered quantities, with the commitment functionality etc.etc.

Please try to avoid using multiple required schedule lines for both these processes.

For scheduling agreement case the functionality is simply switched off completely.

I hope, this response explains a little bit further your question.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal,

It is really pity that SAP does not recomend mutilple schedule lines with assembly or third-party. Could you please provide me some more detail information (like some notes or documents) what the limitation is?

In our business, it is really required to have one sales order drive mulitple assembly order at different time instead of one big assembly order at a time. There is probably very little chance that there will be reject, deleting the item... but I would really want to know the detail what the limitations will be.

Or if there is any other solutions?

(if you have any documents about this, please send me a copy kongzheng@hotmial.com)

Again, many thanks!

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

check this OSS note :781019

may be it will give you some light on your problem

Hope it helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After the MD04, you convert the planned order to Production order and we make GRN based on the Production order

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Thanks for the reply. What I am looking for is to create production order from scheduling agreement schedule line(s) directly, not running mrp.

We are in make-to-order type production. The purpose is to create each individual schedule lines, and each one will drive to a production order online.

Thanks

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, when create the scheduling agreement, if stock is nil, then it will process during MRP Run.

Steps:

After creating Scheduling agreement

MD02 - To MRP Run

MD04 - to display requirement.

It will show the requirement based on your scheduling agreement.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R