Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need the activation after IR definition or it can be skipped for later

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've been working on this scenario:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wikipath=/display/XI/FLATFILETOFLATFILE&">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wikipath=/display/XI/FLATFILETOFLATFILE&</a>

I have done all my IR steps , definitions on all objects in IR are ok, Mapping is teste OK , and next step should be the Configuration scenario , communication channels settings and File adapters settings.

Going trough this guide I see that after IR definitions all object are Activated.

My question is do I really need to Activate objects now or I can do activation sometime later since I am not quite sure about some constants I put in the structures or my be there will be small readjustment on mapping or sender/receiver structure…

I just want to be able to ho ahead and do the rest of the steps after IR and wonder is I skip Activation at this point , if this would affect the next steps somehow…Thanks all

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yes you do need to activate all the objects in IR before you move to ID,you can always change ur objects later in IR and activate them again.

thanx

Aamir

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh/Aamir

Thank you guys ! So no worries about Activating IR object now, moving in Confic Scenarion and than later fine tunning IR again ..right ? Thanks guys!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

No,you need to activate the IR objects right now,if u dont activate them it wont show up in ID.they will only show up once they are activated.

later on if u make any change suppose in data type or message mapping or anything else,then u have to activate that too.

but for right now,you do need to activate all the objects

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Clear - got it ! Thanks . I guess I will ask how to re-instert changes after IR readjustments in another thread....

10x

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i can answer in same thread:)

see it wont matter how many times u activate ur objects ,but the bottom line is every time u create a new object or you modify an existing object then you have to activate it,just activate every object(both in IR and ID) as you create it or modify it

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until you do not activate the Objects in your IR , they will not be displayed in the ID.

Even after you create the Config Scenario in ID you can make the changes in your IR objects as these will get firectly reflected in the Cache . You need not make any changes to the ID for every change you make to a object in the IR.

Regards

Bhavesh