cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material to material transfer postings within QI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to perform material-to-material transfers within the QI stock type (e.g., 323, but with receiving material open). I don't see any movement type for this. Is there any reason why this should not be allowed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For some reason I woke up this morning with the answer to this problem and I have tested it and it works.

I made a copy of movement types 323 and 325 which are sloc to sloc transfers for stock on 'Q' or 'S' which is quality or blocked.

I made these new movement typpes 923 and 925.

I them went in to the individual movement types in omjj and in the section ' Foeld selection (from 201) Batch search procedure click on the magnifying glass and you will see a list of headings. In the one called Transfer Postings double click and then make the receiving material either optional or required as it is suppressed at the moment. Then when you do either MIGO or MB1B with these movement types not only will they select either Q or blocked stock depending on the movement type but the receiving material number is available for populating

hey presto problem solved, I feel that I am quite sad waking up with answers to SAP issues but hey ho such is the life of a consultant.

Final point make sure that Finance are happy as there will be a change in valuation of stock.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem and the only movement type available for a material to material type transfer is 309 and this is only for unrestricted stock. I do not think you can do a material to material transfer for quality or blocked stock. The 323 movement you see is for a sloc to slco transfer and not material to material.

Regards