cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a ftp scenario it work fine untill lastweek. but now i am facing problem , the Sender comminication channel not piciking the file automatically. when we reacivate the channel then only it working. i havent made any changes in the scenario. Now pls tell me is this XI problem or connection problem. tell me what needs to be done to resolve this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there is some network issues.

In the sender file adapter, select option, Connect Mode and make it <b>per File Transfer.</b>

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh,

thanks for your suggestion .today it work fine. i need wait until tomorrow to check if it working fine or not.because this interface will run only once in a day.

before this could you clarrify me one thing . if connection is "permanent" when ever file is placed XI will pickup the file.

but if the connection is PER file transfer it means connection will establish only when there is a file. but how come comm channel know file is placed in the folder with out any connection prior to this

could you please describe me difference between Permenant and Per file

Regards

Surya

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surya,

the trigger is not the file being placed in the server, but rahter the pooling interval having been reached. When that interval is reached, XI knows it's time to connect again.

Also, permanent mode for an interface which will run once a day isn't very recommendable...

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Today again it got failure, when i have reactivated then only it pickup the file.

is there any way to try ? please let me know

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Just try this...sounds stupid...but it has worked in my case...

Change file name, reactivate your adapter and test..it will work

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

thanks for your reply. in my case we have no rights to change file name if we did this we will be in big trouble

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i was also having this issue and it was caused due to some network issues,also check the Timeout parameters though that should give u error in case of failure,also some experts are of the view that the adapter goes to sleep mode if it doesn't find the file and the pooling interval is too high but i myself never experienced this:)

network issue is the first place i would be looking for

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (0)