cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Installation of SAP NW 2004s Trial Version from CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

preparing the installation by execute the start.bat the wizard sends the message

"The wizard has detected an already existing SAP system NSP on this host.

Uninstall first".

But no SAP-System is installed. In Folder Software there is also no SAP-System to uninstall. The Folder SAP in Folder Install Shields has already been deleted before starting installation.

How can I find out what I have to delete too so that the installation is starting ?

Thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Try Giving new SID,Central instance details.

2.Check in for services with old SID in services.msc.

3.go to run--->regedit

in HKEYLOCALMACHINE,look for Old SID.You have to manually delete those if they are present.

4.Go to Control panel---->settings.

Delete all old traces of Database,JDK.

5.Check in for users under "Users and groups" in "my computer-->properties".and also in program files.Delete,if there are any.

Restart the system once and retry.it will work.

reward points if helpful.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful to me. Got a step further.

needed to delete local Windows-Service "SAPNSP_00" by command:

sc delete SAPNSP_00

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this several times trying to get my AbapTrial version to work but then everything was successful as below:

i. windows command regedit ->software and delete the whole SAP folder

ii. at least disable the services (I had old SAP.. entries) (you did windows command sc delete)

iii. I had an NSP version and so deleted the whole of C:SAP folder and c:sapdb folder

iv. I went to windows software management and removed the trial version or went to Start->Programs and deleted the Trial version there.

v. In Start->Programs->MaxDB (or, once, in software management) I deleted all MaxDB entries.

As far as I remember everything was then removed.

The successful installation then was as follows:

I successfully downloaded from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-downloads and successfully ran the installation:

1) the download wasnt possible the first few times I tried - the download popup did not appear and I received a message with the word "scnsorry" instead. I just had to keep trying.

2) I downloaded the entry

"SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Developer Edition ".

Another entry, also offered for download, "SAP NetWeaver 7.01 - ABAP Trial Version " did not install and seemed to be in error. (Installed "successfully" in just 4 minutes and showed no MaxDB files in the unzipped folder).

3) I followed the instructions and the installation (some 27 steps) ran for 7 hours.

4) I am on a laptop with Windows Vista 6.0 Build 6002 SP2. (It is in German, not English, but this was not a problem, although it is sometimes mentioned that one should use an english-language OS).

5) After installation I could log on at once.

I recommend this way because it saves so much time.

What put me on the right path was a comment by Markus Doehr on