Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport ABAP Proxys

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i want to know how to transport abap proxys that i created in BW dev.

actually, my proxys are in a temp package and i must assing them to transport order.

this is a mess.too much work to do. i have many proxys.

is there any ways too much simple to transport it??

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rodrigo,

just click on the created proxy and then go to menu "GO TO" there click on object directory entry and give any package name .

after that it will ask for transport request object,there create your own transport request.

go to SE09 and u can find ur package for transport.

this is how we transported our proxies from $TMP to our known package with transport request created on fly.

Regards,

Rama Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog,

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/5129 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cant transport items assigned to temp or $... it is also bad practice.

You need a package that is transportable to your BW Q system.

sincerely,

--NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

You need to assign all development objects i.e. abap proxy's to proper class/package and to the transport request.

You cannot transport objects which are residing in Temp package. Assign package to all proxys, it will ask you for Change request. You can assign all object to one change request or different change request depending on your project guidelines.

Then you can ask Basis team to transport it...Before transporting check your request for errors and consistency.

Imp Note: You need to release request/task before transporting. Either you or Basis team can release request/task before transporting.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know i cannot transport objects which are residing in Temp package. I tryed to create proxys directly in a package, but its not possible.

at the moment, the basis team have to assign the proxy to a package. my question is, if possible create the proxy directly to a package and not to a temp package.

or it that no possible, other way too much easy because, assign all item of proxy from the temp package to a package is a mess.

Rgds

RP

null

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is possible. When your create / generate the Proxies for your message interface in SPROXY, it normally asks you to provide the Package Name under which the proxy objects are to be created and so on.

Why were you not able to create the Proxies under a Package? Must be an authorization issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rodrigo,

I agree with your point. Always while creating proxy's you should assign it to the class...rather than saving in $tmp. Becuase its difficult to serch every object and assign back to package.

We had same problem in one of my previous project..we have generated number of proxy's and unfortunately develped in $tmp...belive me its better to re-create all proxys in order to assign all object to Change request.

There is always risk of missing objects if you try to assign the objects to package latter on...

Its always better to create package whicle development it self. While creating proxys/class it will ask you for development package as well.

Nilesh

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

im traying to create the proxys and assign it to a package, but im getting this error

Error de sintaxis en Sección pública :

The type "ZQI6AZIF000018_ATTRIBUTES" is unknown.

What kind of package should i create? what autorizations should it has?

rgds

RP

Message was edited by:

Rodrigo Pertierra

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rodrigo,

Can you please translate this into English "Error de sintaxis en Sección pública "

Also did you created package first brefore assigning to proxy.

You can create package/dev. class using TC : SE80.

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh