cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating a PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have got an error while creating a PO with an Internal Order. I am trying to post this PO against an Internal Order. The error message says that:

User status BUDG is active (ORD 10034). When I click the perform assistant, it says that according to this status, transaction 'Material purchase order' is not allowed.

Can somebody plss help me in this regards, I will assign points.

Thank you,

Sony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is happening is there is a business transaction RMBE which stands for Material Purchase Order that has not been enabled. The status of the orders control what business transaction are permitted.

Each order type is assigned to a status profile. T-code KOT2_OPA can tell you which profile is assigned to the order type. Play around with t-code OK02. See if Material Purchase Order is disallowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I have got into OK02 and I don't see the item Material Purchase order in my big list. And, in T-code KOT2_OPA when I double cliked on my Internal Order type, it has the following info:

Planning profile: 0001 (General Budget)

Budget profile: 0001 (General Budget)

There are nothing in the Settlement Profile and Execution rfile fields.

Can u pls tell me what to do for tht?

Thank you,

Sony

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In KOT2_OPA look for status management at the very bottom where status profile is maintained. Copy that profile and enter in OK02. Within OK02, when you double click your profile, there will be statuses maintained for each of them. You may double click one status, like may be POLQ, (GR & IR only valid transaction) to see various business transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I have checked the status profile in OK02 and I can see that the "Material purchase order" for user status BUDG is forbidden. Do you think I should allow (Permit) user status BUDG to run the transaction "Material purchase order"?

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Sony

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Please!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Can u pls tell me how to make an Internal order not statistical?

I have got a new message saying Account 123456 requires an assignment to a CO object. I need to enter a cost center, an order, a project, or a cost object that is not statistical in the edit Cost Element tab for one of my GL accounts(in FS00).

Please help me.

Thank you,

Sony

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you enter in the Cost element master data is only for defaulting the cost center or order when you use that GL account.

When you see a message transction requires an account assignment, you can enter the relevant cost center for which the cost is incurred.

For your information, If an order has been marked as statistical, you can find it in KO02 change order > Control data. there may be check box saying statistical. If it is not available, then, you can't make it statistical until, you make that field available for change for the order type. Usually orders of a particular type can be made as statistical, by providing a model order to the order type. In the model order you specify that it will be statistical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Your replies are really helpful. I want to create a purchase order and post it to an Internal order. As we know that we can create a PO with a statistical order. Can u pls walk me by with the various steps of creating an Internal order that is not statistical.

Thank you,

Sony

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create an internal order, with a responsible cost center in the master data. You can make the order statistical. Create the PO ME21N with the order as the accounting assignment object. The real object shall be the cost center and the statistical posting to statistical order.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl check whether the Internal order is released?

Thanks

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I have released it.

Sony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Again, please check if you have created settlement rules. Further to that please ensure that it is not statistical internal order.

thanks

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Can u pls tell me how to create settlement rules and also how to make sure that it is not a statistical IO?

Please help me.

Thank you,

Sony