cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip archive with 100 different XML files in it as input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a file to RFC scenario to solve: Input is a zip archive that includes 100 XML files. All XML files have different (!!!) schemas. Data must be mapped to one RFC call.

My idea was to write an adapter module to read the zip archive and copy the content of all XML files into one "message". But the schema which is needed for this message has 200,000 lines (!!!) and cannot be handled by XI anymore: Internal error!

Any ideas or suggestions??? What would be the best way to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank,

I ran into smthing like this a couple of years ago, though not with 100...i wrote a java unzip program that unzipped them individually on the fly and then sent them......................need to do some stream conversion.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

You wrote a Java application (not an adapter module) that puts every XML file from the archive into the input folder of the XI file adapter, right?

This way I cannot map all data to one RFC call =(

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can...all i am doing in the program is unzipping it and then serializing the output ....you can map it to one rfc call.

Regards

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you explain, what purpose this scenario has?

You could send the zip file as attachment to an ABAP proxy and unzip it in the application system.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The zip archive contains 100 XML files, each with a different schema. The content of these files must be mapped to one (!!!) RFC call. The BAPI has been imported to XI as receiver. The goal is to provide a message mapping that maps all data from the zip archive to the RFC-XML of the imported BAPI. So the idea was to build a schema that can hold the data from all XML files in the zip archive, fill it in an adapter module and map this to the RFC-Call. But the schema that can hold all data (100 schemas in one schema) seems to be too large. The Integration Builder (Repository) has an internal error when opening the schema.

The scenario has to work the other way around, too!

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you explain the purpose of the scenario?

I have understood the requirement, but if this is not feasible, then you need a workaround.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas for a workaround? Everything might be helpful!!!

(Please check your email for further information about the scenario...)