cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating XI on clusters in Unix environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has any one migrated an XI or an SAP system on to Clusters for High availability in Unix environment. Can one please help me with this. This is a very very critical issue for me and my job. Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Rashid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this on windows HA environemnt but not Unix.

What is your issue?

Have you followed the How to Scale up Guide?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c3d9d710-0d01-0010-7486-9a5...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have been through it. I have to plan, present and implement the XI system on to the Clusters, now, i know that if you do it on windows you have 2 nodes and you do some configuration on both the nodes. But on the other hand when we do it on Unix we dont have any nodes there. We only install it on a primary node and the systems admins do the rest. My issue is i have to do a homogenious migration of our present XI on to the clusters, Can you please help me on this how to approcah this, the question here is once you migrate your present XI system what will you do with the present XI system do we bring it down or can we still keep it running and if we still keep it running wht will be the confilict. How do we do thins in a step by step sequence. As far as i know we export JAVA stack first and then we export ABAP stack and when we import we import ABAP stack and then java stack. but my question here is when we install XI we install central instance and database instance and then after that we do some configution through visualadmin then after we install the other three adapter engine and .... on to finish the XI installation. but what happens when we do a homogenious migration?

I hope i was clear enough and i hope i didnt confuse you.