cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS - Data collection issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using BCS 4.0. I'm working now in final testing and I have some question regarding to the data collection process using load from data stream method. I ran the task in consolidation monitor for 007.2007 period and for all companies without any error or warnings, but we have differences in financial information for that period.

I reviewed the content in my BCS cube (RSA1) and we don't have any data for that accounts, the only thing that I found was that all docs were created on same date

I deleted the ID request in RSA1in my BCS cube and I executed task again in consolidation monitor, but the result was the same.

Looking at log / source data, in the rows listed, these data is not taking from the infoprovider

Any idea which could be the problem ?

Thanks

Nayeli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeli,

I had to do this kind of job (reconciliation of data in the source basis cube and the totals cube) during the final testing a lot of times, with an accountant.

The only way to have the first clue what is happening is to compare every particular amount s in both cubes. Comparing and trying to figure out any dependencies in data.

The difference might arise because of ANY reason. Only you may analyze the data and decide what to do.

AFAIU, you compared only reported data and did no currency translation and eliminations?

Then, I'm afraid that you've made a very big mistake deleting the request from the totals cube. You have broken the consistency between totals and document data. For a transactional cube the request is yellow until the number of records in it reach 50000 records. Then it is closed and become green. As you may understand, in those 50000 records maybe contained a lot of data for different posting periods, for example, reported data for the previous closed period. Though, documents still contain eliminations for that period. - Inconsistency.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It appears to me that you either have the data collection method reading from the incorrect infosource or you are looking at the incorrect infosource in BW for the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayeli,

You provided too little information. Let's clarify something.

You found differences in fin statements. It's the difference between what & what? I may suppose that such a difference might be encountered between data in the totals cube and in the cube of the source basis. Is it so?

What the cube the source basis contains?

What exactly have you been comparing (amounts on some accounts, totals of all amount in B/S, in which currency)?

Have you made currency translation and I/U eliminations before comparing?

Why you are certain that the difference arised due to reading from data stream, not because of some other activity?

You deleted request from the totals cube in RSA1? The yellow request?

The data are not read from infoprovider? From the cube in the source basis?

Please provide more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eugene,

You're right the difference was between totals cube and cube of the source basis defined as a infoprovider. The last one was created as a copy from 0FIGL_O02 General Ledger: Line Items (standard ods), it's the same info as the original, the only diference is that we deleted the document number characteristic.

I'm comparing total amounts by company/account (B/S and IS), so if I have a total amount 234,238.51 for account 5601001000 TRAVEL EXPENSES, I hope to see that amount in my totals cube, but it's not.

I just review the data for data collection, before any other task execution.

Yes, I deleted the request from the totals cube in RSA1, but it was green

I think that it's not read from the infoprovider

If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks for your response

Nayeli