cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS Metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello....does anyone know if there is a repository containing all BPS objects we created in our model, similar to the metadata repository in RSA1 for BW? That is, a listing of our planning areas, levels, packages, functions, layouts etc? I need to compile a list of objects.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate what do you mean by texts?

These tables also have texts descriptions.

Ravi Thothadri

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not that I know of.

May be Marc Bernard may answer that.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i found the descriptions. They are in text tables. For example, the text table for UPC_PLEVEL IS UPC_PLEVELT.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure.....what i mean is we have a planning level with a Technical name of REVBUD. When this is created, you also assign a description to the object (for example: User Revenue Budget) which would appear in the BPS workbench along with the Technical name. Most of the BPS objects have both a technical name and a descriptive name. I don't see the descriptive name in the table you identified, only the technical name. I'm guessing maybe the descriptive names are in a text table to handle multiple languages.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only see the Technical names in these tables.....not the descriptive name that you also see in BPS. Technical names are a big help for me...but i also need the plain english name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are the tables.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is excellent.

The tables contain the technical names.....do you know where the descriptions would be found? In another text table?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following tables:

UPC_AREA, UPC_PLEVEL, UPC_DATASLICE, UPC_VAR.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is none like a metadata repository in BW.