cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build BIA index for cubes that get dropped and loaded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have scenario, where a cube content is dropped and reloaded on daily basis. How do we need to build BIA index for such cubes?

What I see is if the cube is dropped and reloaded, BIA index may still have older data along with the new data resulting in fact index greater than fact tables.

So by setting delta index for all the tables related to this cube would resolve the issue OR

On a daily basis, we need to rebuild BIA index for this cube?

Will surely assign points...Thanks in advance.

Sundar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

if you drop the InfoCube the BIA index should be dropped automatically.

This means you have to re-build the InfoCube BIA index.

I do not believe that delta works.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If we drop the infocube data, BIA index is dropped and we need to rebuild it. So does this mean that we dont have to create BIA index, we just have to refill it Or do we have to create BIA index as well for this cube.

Incase of rebuilding the index, what would be the best way to automate this rebuilding process? i.e. drop entire cube content and reloading it, is a part of process chain, so is there any way or program to rebuild bia index for this cube at the end of this process chain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I thought we have a Process Type used in a Process Chain.

"Initial Activation and Filling of BIA Indexes".

I'm not sure, but this should be one to use.

I did not double check this.

I hope this helps, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yes this process type is available only in SP13 and we are in SP12. We are planning to move to SP13 in Jan next year.

So according to you we need to create and fill BIA index after deletion of entire cube content. is that right?

What could be other alternative to do this apart from using that process type?

Thanks

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

this is right.

I do not see an alternative.

Best, Michael

Answers (0)