cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Synco Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to modifiy which fields are mapped in standard syncbo supplied with MAM, but I get the following error "The name MAM25_031 does not start with either Y

or 'Z'

Any workaround on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I remember correctly, you have to create a new syncbo (starting with Z). You will have to export a new merepmeta.xml file and change the BO interfaces/classes on MAM client along with the Syncbo mappin got those classes. Big change for a single field.

You can also use the customer enhancement nodes (CE* nodes) that you should find in all current SyncBO. You will be able to fill those node with a BADI on the backend.

Thank you,

Julien.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a shame,

I realy dont want to copy and create a new syncbo. dont want it to mess up configuration.

Thanks

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SAP standard sycnBOs cannot be changed. This is the standard policy for all SAP delivered objects & code. As already mentioned, the only way is to create a copy of this syncBO in customer namespace (Y or Z) and then make the changes. This will need to change the application as well. So do this only you have enough requirements..

Regards

Ajith

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ez,

Unfortunately the only way is to create Z SyncBo which means loosing SAP support as well as creating a an issue with upgrades and patches.

You can see an official MAM support team response in OSS message 449742.

If you only need a couple of fields you better pass them via customer enhancements table, I agree with Julian on this.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova