cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed trigger problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used a timed trigger in my application . The problem is the data entered in input fields disappear as soon as the timed trigger action is fired. Is there any way to maintain data persistency is in the input boxes(i have mapped the input fields to a context of type string)?

Regards,

Jayant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a viewset.

In that embed 2 views. In one view give teh timed trigger alone and in another give all the other UI elements .

Try this ! This should work!

Regards

Bharathwaj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What happens if you don't use a TimedTrigger but fire an empty action, do the input field data also disappear?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaydeep,

Tried that alternative but after the delay data is also deleted. I actually created a node and mapped the attribute in the node to the text field in wdoinit method but that didnt help :(.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Lets forget about the TimedTrigger for the moment. What is it that you would like to achieve.

I dont think your solution would be solved by placing the TimedTrigger in another View in a ViewSet. It will still have the same effect. So if you can tell us your scenario we would be able to give you a solution.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

I would like a label to change dynamically from good morning to good night after every 12 hours on top of the page. Also the rest of the data which the user is keying in should remain the same. So for achieving this functionality i thought i could make use of timed trigger. But the problem is after every delay the page gets refreshed and data in input field disappears.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant

Place an IFRAME that points to jsp that refreshes and shows this text

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check for the system time during evry server round trip. (i.e in wdDoMOdifyView..though it might not be a good practise)

Depending on the time display the text.

Rgds

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bharathwaj,

I can't do anything in wdomodifyview as the action is not fired independently like the action of timed trigger :(.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true that the action is not independent. But when some action occurs the name wil change.. tat will give u similar result but in a crude way !

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if the user knows when to fire action then we can write an action for that event but i am still unable to stop data from disappearing from the input fields i am yet to try the IFrame idea though !

Former Member
0 Kudos

ive the same problem. does anybody has any solution for this..

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

in webdynpro ABAP???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant,

The data entered in the input fields are refreshed because atrributes mapped with these input fields are independent attributes(Directly under root context). If you map with attributes inside a node then the values will be preserved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Thanks for the response. But i wanted to know if how we can access the functionality of view1 from the second embedded view wherein we embed the timed trigger. For eg in the first view i have a link whose action i want to fire after a specified time. How can i fire tht event from the second view wherein i embed the timed trigger.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Connect them both with a plug.

In the second view check the time . And if the particular condition satisfies fire a plug to the first view.

Now in the first view onPlug from the second view call teh action u want to execute .

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i think u r setting the input field to null or null string in the event which is triggered by the timed trigger UIE.

plugs can be used to navigate between two views.

regards,

Piyush.