cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job scheduling question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to do the following?

We have two jobs currently running in PROD: SD202_SD_BATCH_BILLING & FI112_BILLING_EXTRACT.

Currently SD202 runs at 11:30pm daily and FI112 runs at 2:00am.

I would like to set a dependency on FI112 that it cannot run until SD202 is completed, however I do not want FI112 to run until 2am at the earliest.

Thanks for your time

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create a new job with a start condition for the FI112 and is that this job start when job SD202 has finished...this is "After job" option.

But I don't understand at all....you want job FI112 start after job SD202 has finished AND at 2am at earliest......I think two option are incompatible.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Albert,

Thank you for your fast response. This was a question from one of my users and I am just trying to investigate if it can be done. I will follow up further with her on this issue and I do agree that two options are incompatible.

Thanks again

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create a small ABAP program that checks status of job 1, put it as the first step of job 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 20 jobs to run. We need to run the set of 11th to 20th job once the 10th job is over. This we need to hadle in the program.

Can you please send a code snippet which can help me?

Thanks,

Anup

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not have code to share with you.

you could consider using a third party scheduler such as TWS, Control-M or even Redwood's tool which looks top be free for SAP systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to achieve the same using TBTCo TBTCSTEP and other TBTC* tables available without any third party scheduler.

- Bhushan

Answers (0)