Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmission of SAP Usename and Password (ERP2005)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking into a SAP System and want to find out if the user name and password used to log on to SAP is sent over secure channel form the client to the server.

I want to know where to look for these settings.

Any links or pointers?

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

With SAP GUI the password is not sent over a secure channel, and this is why many SAP customers are using SNC to authenticate instead of the regular userid+password logon method. With SNC cryptography is used to authenticate instead of sending a users password.

For Web browser logon, e.g. login to portal, or webgui etc. then SSL is normally used to protect the communications.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

if you want to use SNC as a secure communication channel and still use SAP user name and password as user authentication mechanism, there are ways to get that done, but you need a specific setup. Let me know, if you are interested in learning about this. My e-mail is in the SDN business card.

Peter

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

I noticed you didn't respond to my last post, so I hope you have made some progress ?

Like Peter, I represent a vendor (competitor of the vendor which Peter represents) who has solutions and experience available to assist you, so you can chat with me via this SDN thread so others can benefit, or you can contact me offline via the email address in my SDN business card.

Thanks,

Tim