cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6 Automotive Best Practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me as I am a bit confused. We are implementing ECC 6 Automotive OEM Best Practice.

The customer has a number of SD requirements which I do not seem to find anywhere in the pre configured scenarios.

Furthermore, I am findign it extremelly difficult to find documentation, such as data conversion sheets - are we really supposed to go through each one individually to check if it applies to our scenarios or not?

My other confusion / concern is if we are not implementing PP how can we have processes such as MRP, ATP, Schedule Agreements, Cross or Inter Company, and Backorders? Is it possible to implement these scenarios without PP?

I know these are very generic questions but if someone could shed some light on the right approach.

Yes I did go through the entire Best Practice documentation so please don't tell me to read it.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kookie,

SAP Best Practices industry packages deliver various predefined business scenarios that have been designed to meet exactly what is needed to fulfil the specific requirements of the industry of interest. The industry packages represent first-in-class knowledge that has been bundled together. Delivered as an "instant package" it allows realizing time and effort savings during evaluation and implementation of an SAP solution. IS-Automotive covers following areas;

(a) Automotive Supplier

(b) Dealer Business Management

For more details, you can access detailed information on SAP Best Practices using following link;

http://service.sap.com/

To do this, you need SAP Service Marketplace user name and password.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you reply, but as I mention on my post I did read all the available documentation in Best Practices.

Regards

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kooki,

Let me know, your client business requirement / scenarios. Based on this we can give our suggestion / solutions / workaround solutions.

Bye,

Muralidhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for offering to help

I am implementing Auto Solution - OEM. ECC 6 Germany version.

My confusion comes when I have a look at some of the scenarios as they all ask for PP and we are not implementing it.

One of these scenarios is A62 Sales Order with cross company process. According to this process we have a delivery / sales plant and a production plant. The creation of the customer SO triggers the entire schedulling agreement process between the 2 plants. The sale splant runs MRP creating the demand. A schedule agreement is creating the demand on the produciton plant.

The produciton plant then does whatever needs to do - mrp run, backflush, etc - and "despatches" the stock to the delivery plant. The delivery plant receives the stock and an intercompany billing process occurrs.

After this ONLY will the stocks be available to be picked for the customer.

Now my issue is if there is no production plant how will we amend this scenario?

Will we still have a fictitious production plant with manual GR or upload of stocks??