cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selection in layout BPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In BW-BPS I create a layout with Key figures in Data Columns and I need to restrict key figure to some characteristic value.

For example I put in data columns 0QUANTITY and 0SALESORG. I need to restrict 0QUANTITY with value 01 and 02 of 0SALESORG.

For do it I create a variable related of 0SALESORG with replacement type fixed value 01 and 02 and in second screen of the layout builder I add this variable for restrict 0QUANTITY but I receive the following error message:

Variable is not a single value. It cannot be used

Message no. UPP_LB075

I work in BW3.5.

How can I do please?

Thanks a lot

Gianmarco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is correct. For a layout, you need to restrict each characteristic to a single value. You cannot have two values for the same column for one characteristic. Use a single value for each data column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and to restrict one data column 0QUANTITY with a range value of 0SALESORG I must create a variable with user exit?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand, you need multiple columns, each with one value of 0salesorg, or a layout with dynamic columns using a multivalue variable of 0salesorg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need one column with a range restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is that possible? Just think about it... what value will the system populate in 0salesorg when you create a record using this data column. It needs to be unique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create a variable user exit which take SALESORG value 01 and 02 and I restrict 0QUANTITY with this variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can restrict to all value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can restrict to multiple values in planning level/package and run a planning function under it... but when you have 0salesorg in layout in data columns, you need to restrict it to single value for one column.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks