Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to record add-on table change logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I defined an add-on table in SAP R/3, which has about 100 fields/column, I'd like to reocrd the changes log to another add-on table, is there a good way to do it? I mean, how to develop the program?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks and best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turning on "Log Changes" in SE11 is not a good idea, and does not log changes in CDHDR/CDPOS. If you were to reset the system parameter you would find the many standard SAP tables that had "Log Changes" set by default were suddenly writing extra data to the server and system performance would go down.

The CDHDR / CDPOS change logging is based on change objects - see the following help topic for instructions on how to set this up and use for custom tables - look under the "Change Documents" heading

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm">BC Extended Applications Function Library</a>

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SE11 & open the table. click GOTO-> Technical Settings & tick the check box 'Log data changes'.

Do a F1 on the check box & you would get how to see the log details.

Best regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Technical Settings ( in Se11) and tick the Log data changes checkbox.

u ll get the log in CDHDR and CDPOS.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer.

But in my system, the parameter <b>rec/client </b>in the <b>system profile</b> in not open, so I can't use the standard system function (se11 / technical settings -> log data changes).

And I want to log the data changes<b> by own programming</b>, would you please offer some advice?

Thanks and best regards.

0 Kudos

TT,

If you are looking at ideas for how to design the table to store your change logs, you can probably look at the SAP standard tables of CDHDR and CDPOS. You can probably define your own custom tables in the same way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turning on "Log Changes" in SE11 is not a good idea, and does not log changes in CDHDR/CDPOS. If you were to reset the system parameter you would find the many standard SAP tables that had "Log Changes" set by default were suddenly writing extra data to the server and system performance would go down.

The CDHDR / CDPOS change logging is based on change objects - see the following help topic for instructions on how to set this up and use for custom tables - look under the "Change Documents" heading

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm">BC Extended Applications Function Library</a>

Andrew

0 Kudos

Hi, Andrew,

Tnak you very much.

The problem is solved according to your expertise.

Thanks and best regards.

tt