cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change chart of accounts in Controlling area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can I change the chart of accounts in controlling area?

I've already changed chart of accouns in FA CoCode Global data, and I have to change chart of accounts in controlling area; In OKKP chart of accounts is in display mode

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the COA which is originally used has/had GL accounts in COA level and not necessarily Company Code level, the controlling area maintains primary cost elements. Use KA24 to delete all primary cost elements associated with the present COA in the controlling area. This is one of the steps to release the COA field in CO Area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi katya

If you have all ready changed the chart of accounts in co code and not able to change the COA in controlling area , the possible reason would be that there would be some secondary cost element created in the controlling area for the previously existing COA so check it and delete the secondary cost elements after that you can change the COA in the controllling area.

assign points if use full

thanks

gkk

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks I've just done this

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is neccesary to change primary cost, all accounts created would have to be deleted.

When you realize it you can change the chart of accounts in CO through OX06.

Best Regards,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this method go to okkp and change the COcd- co area back to chart of accounts same as company code. The sytem should pick up the chart of accounts and then change it back to 2 option it should allow you to input the chart of accounts.

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to change the chart of accounts in okkp. go and change some field in there then the system will open up for to change.

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the message; where I have to assign Chart of acc to Controling area in OKKP is not possible

Differing charts of accounts: INT - CAXX

Message no. KT299

Diagnosis

The system makes consistency checks during assignment of a company code to a controlling area as part of assignment control.

The same checks take place if assignments already exist and you change the basic data in the controlling area, or if you define the controlling area and company code as a 1:1 structure.

If the check finds an error, the system cannot execute the function ("Assign" or"Change basic data"). If you do not maintain the required data for the consistency check (such as currency, chart of accounts, or fiscal year variant in the company code), this also results in an error message.

Chart of accounts INT, controlling area XX01, does not agree with chart of accounts CAXX, company code XX01.

System Response

Processing is terminated.

Procedure

Ensure that the same chart of accounts is assigned to controlling area and company code.