cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing Run (Product Cost Planning) - Advise Needed Urgently

Former Member
0 Kudos

We planned a costing release for our fiscal cycle 5, which starts on the 26 August 2007 and we have completed the costing run task until Mark for Standard Cost. All that is needed now is to release it on the 26th August 2007.

Unfortunately the company has decided to postpone the cycle 5 start date to 30th August 2007. The problem now is that the release date is wrong in the costing files that were created earlier, so we had to create new costing files for the new start date as at 30th August 2007.

I believe there will be a problem when we try to Release to standard cost as I have 2 records in the table KEKO with the status VO. Can someone please advise what can be done or what will happen.

Is it true that if we have Marked for release (VO), we cannot cancel it ?

If i can't release it correctly, then the only alternative is to use the Price Update (CK24) to have the standard cost updated?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you first marked the 26 August 2007, the system gave VO status. You have still not released it. You have now created another costing run with validity date from 30 August 2007. Please go ahead and mark this run as well. This will overwrite the 26 August 2007 marked cost estimate. As a result there won't be multiple records. On 30th August 2007, you can release it.

<b>Unfortunately the company has decided to postpone the cycle 5 start date to 30th August 2007</b>

These are quite expected and not very unusual. Can happen anywhere.

<b>I believe there will be a problem when we try to Release to standard cost as I have 2 records in the table KEKO with the status VO. Can someone please advise what can be done or what will happen.</b>

The 30 August 2007 will overwrite the 26 August 2007 when you mark the 30 August 2007 estimate. There will not be duplicate record of VO.

<b>Is it true that if we have Marked for release (VO), we cannot cancel it ?</b>

Before release, you can mark more than one cost estimate. The latest one prevails. You need not cancel it, it is automatically overwritten. This can be verified from the material master costing view, Future cost estimate. Drill down and view its characteristics with reference to the dates.

<b>If i can't release it correctly, then the only alternative is to use the Price Update (CK24) to have the standard cost updated?</b>

Price update is mandatory to release it. You are already done it for four cycles. CK24 does both Mark and Release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can go T.code CKR1 and Re-Organize of Cost Estimates the By selecting the Future Cost Estimates tab buttons and can run the fresh cost estimate as on the required date.

Regards,

Gangadhar Nalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am surprised that there are two records with VO.

Is the cost in the Material Master Costing 2 the period and value that you want to release? ie the one for Aug 30? If so, on August 30 release the costing run for Aug 30 and leave the one for aug 26 alone.

If in doubt, I would also do CKR 1 - Reorganize cost estimates.

Be sure to carefully specify the costing run name and costing run date

Specify VO status

Do in Test first - besure you have the right list.

Althea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try doing CKR 1 - Reorganize cost estimates

Else, You can release one costs on 26th aug and create another costing run with different update periods and release again on 30th aug. But ensure that there are no changes to BOM, routing, and prices. else it posts to revalaution account between 26th to 30th.

Someone can correct if this message is incorrect. I will be glad to have a critical opinion on this