cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in mapping rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using sap Business One.I have imported 800 manufacturers in the table OMRC.I have to related these manufacturers with items i.e OITM.For this ,I have to enter the primary key of manufacturer in the template of item. Entering these 800 keys is tedious task.Can this be done using mapping rule ? If so ,then how to declare mapping rule ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member346201
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can use the Transformation Table option in DTW target mapping list to translate any value to another code. To make this work you need to create a CSV file that contains 2 columns. Transform tables are text files in which each row includes two values separated by a comma: the left is original value and the right will be the transformed value. You must create the required transform table before opening it. So create this text file to map your MFG names to the MFG code.

Then wen you are in Step 3 of the Import wizard On the Map Rule tab scroll down to the manufacture field and in the Target Fields column Select the Drop down box and Choose Transform Table Then in the new window select the location of tyour test transform table. Then when you run the DTW import it will transform the values in the input file to the new codes. This transformation process can happen on multiple fields in the import during 1 run

Dan

Answers (0)