Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting classical report to ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abapers,

I have generated table maintenance for a ztable: YSHELFLIFE. When the user opens this table in SM30 totally there are 13 fields in which 4 fields are editable. When the user modifies some fields and clicks on save.. and if the user selects utilities- change log. This will pop one selection screen based on time constraint. Upon execution it will display all the table contents along with the old and modified values of fields as a classical report.

Program: RSVTPROT is generating this report which is a standard program. Now my requirement is to convert this into ALV report. I have to copy the standard program into Zprogram and convert into ALV.

Kindly suggest me how to convert RSVTPROT to ALV. Very urgent please do the needfull…

<b> where do i need to change.. I want code... Points are very much sure for usefull answers…</b>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

we can aceive this without Copying this Standard program.

There is an option to Convert this list to ALV LIST OR Grid.

In the Data browser Selection Screen

Menu path

Settings -> User Parameters

Select The Radio button ALV GRID or ALV List display.

And Execute.. Check the list now...

<b>Reward Points if Helpful</b>

8 REPLIES 8

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You don't need to change anything. There's an option in that program to display the output as ALV Grid Display. You can either use BDC or simply instruct the users to select that checkbox when they get to that screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you plz tell me where is that option available to view as a alv?

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you click on the change log here are three sections:

The second section is called "Output Options". This is where you select how the output will look like. The first option in that section is ALV Grid Display. Check it and it'll display as ALV.

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

we can aceive this without Copying this Standard program.

There is an option to Convert this list to ALV LIST OR Grid.

In the Data browser Selection Screen

Menu path

Settings -> User Parameters

Select The Radio button ALV GRID or ALV List display.

And Execute.. Check the list now...

<b>Reward Points if Helpful</b>

0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

I could not see settings option in selection screen. kindly tell me the path plz....

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You don't need the options in the selection screen. Just look at the options when you click on Change Logs. It's the third line on the screen.

0 Kudos

Hi,

SM30-> utilities-> change log

there is no option available under change log...

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After you click on Change Log, it opens a change log window. In it, there are options before you see all the changes. The third line is ALV Grid Display, and you need to check it.