cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS Mgmt in SolMan for an Implementation Project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an Implementation Project, if we need to use Solution Manager for CTS, is there any pre-requisites?

To be more clear, the project is still in the development stage and has not gone-live. The SolMan project type will be "Implementation" project(not a maintenance project). In this scenario, how the development/customization request will be moved across the landscape?

What are the steps to be followed?

Any inputs in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

For Implementation project if you want to use CTS,

1.Enable Charm for the project

2.For Implementation project we have only normal correction,so all the transports assigned to that project will be moved in a single step(import to qulity and to production)

Hope this is useful,Please revert for any clarification.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I am in urgent need of info.

So, Charm is possible with Implementation Projects too?

(ii) In that case, is that possible to create maintenance cycle for implementation project for me to assign the transport requests to the maintenance cycle?

Also, pls let me know,

(iii) Before configuring CHARM what do I have to do with respect to STMS transaction in the satellite systems or Solution Manager.

Pls help.

best rgds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

1.Yes Charm is possible for Implementation project,but only normal correction,no urgent correction.

2.Once you have enabled Charm for the implementation project under system landscape tab->Change Request,then you can create the maintence cycle for that project and all the normal corrections created through this maintenace cycle will be linked to the project.

3.Before setting up charm,the transport route in the satellite system should be defined client specific and following steps need to be done

Activate Extended Transport Control

Configure Transport Strategy

Activate TMS Trusted Services

Activate Domain Links

Check Configuration of Transport Domain

Generate RFC Destinations to Client 000

Add Import Authorization to Operator/Administrator

Hope this is helpful,revert for any clarifications,

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Again thanks a lot for your timely help.

So, all transports relating to an implementation project can be moved using the CHARM feature of SolMan. Nice )

(ii) Whenever I create Implementation or Maintenace project in my SolMan system, I am not finding this "Change Request" tab under "System Landscape" tab. What could be the problem? Is that becos CHARM is not configured in my system?

(iii) As you told while we create the transport route in the satellite systems, do we do it in the regular way? Or is there any modifications need to be done as we have to use it with CHARM? (sorry, might seem to be a silly question... but, as I am not aware of it...)

(iv) Also, you have listed a number of steps to be done. Are these steps to be done in the SolMan system?

(v) Is there any link or document describing this process? Do you have any document of your own? If so, can you pls send the same to my email id alagammaia@yahoo.com?

Thanks & Best regds,

Alagammai.