cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the Cost Center Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.,

I've created the standard hierarchy for cost centers. Now the client wants one of the existing node, has to rename and include the new sub nodes in that.

For this when i copy the existing one renamed, but the system is not accepting the changes. It is giving the error msg like:

Object cannot be assigned to object XXXXXX in the period 01.01.1900 - 31.12.9999

Because my doubt is when i copied the existing one and saving that with new name why it is giving the error stating the period.

How can i resolve this.......please urgent...

Thanks to all.......

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is SAP standard. Once you create a cost centre assigning to a heirarchy and has some posting it will never allow to change the heirarchy.

At the most you can change the description of the heirarchy.

You can create an alternative heirarchy.

Hope this is of some use, if yes, please assign points.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish.,

Thanks for you reply, but as of now no postings made under the assigned cost centers in the standard hierarchy.

Then also it is not happening...why..?

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to change cost centre and change the heirarchy. Use T.Code: KS02

Please assign points, if found helpful.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashekhar

Create new nodes as u wanted instead of copy option. Create cost centers under new nodes, move cost centers - it should not cause any problems. I have been doing this in my project too but before any postings.

Even if there are postings u can try this

Create new node

Create new cost center

Transfer costs from old cost center to new cost center

Ensure costs are zero in old cost center

Then lock the old cost center with period control settings

Please assign points if the above clarifies and resolves your issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.,

The issue here is if the nodes are less i can very well do that, but in my case there are 3500 are there. (Only Nodes)

How can i do the creation again, it takes lots of time, which is very less for me at the movement.

What shall i do....

Raja