cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Generate Datasource for ODS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I have created 2 ODSs named ODS1 and ODS2. I want to load these ODSs to Consolidated ODS3.

Now I want to created update rules to ODS3 to link ODS1 and ODS2.

When I am creating update rules there options Datasource, infosource, ODS. I have selected ODS and created 2 update rules for ODS3. Is it right? If not please suggest me.

Or Shall I create first export datasources for the ODS1 and ODs2, then datasources are generated with names starts 8****. For the update rules of ODS 3 shall I select infosource radio button and give the name8***.

Please advise me.

Thanks,

Sudha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1st you have to go for the ODS2 and right click to Generate Export data source.

Now go to Source System and find the Data Source of the ODS it prefixes with "8"

and next ODS name.Find that ODs and create the Infopackage for that ODS and load the data.

Next come to Data Target and create the ODS3 giving the datasource name as ODS2.Now cteate the Update rules and come to infosource and create the Infopackage for that ODS3 and load the data in to ODS3.Then start the data loading from ODS2 to ODS3..........

Hope this helps you.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is no need to create export data source for ODS it will be created automatically for ODS and Master data infoobject. Just go and check under the data mart application component you will find the export data soources.

In BI 7.0 select BW source system and in the datawarehousing workbench it will list all the BW data sources.

Give the 8XXXXX as infosource while creating the update rules for the infocubes.

Assign points if you found helpful

regards,

shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Your choice for ODS is correct.

I would use Export datasource for ODS only for external systems (i.e. another BW-system)

Success,

Udo