cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether it will post or nto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

this is nageshwar i would like to ask about some doubt regarding about returns and normal invoice process?

my question is when we do return order with reference previous billing doc whether it will be posted into accounting or not?

If it will be posted to account how it will post/

what about previous invoce document?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar,

when an order is created, Accounting document is generated for the invoice generated with reference to that sales order. All the account postings are done with reference to the Invoice document created for the sales order.

As said by our SDn friends, when a returns order is created, no accounting is carried out untill a credit memo is created for the respective returns order.

Create a credit note and check for the accounting entries for that credit note.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once a return order is created with reference to the billing document no accounting document is generated because Returns is also a type of sales document and for sales documents no accounting document is generated.

To balance the invoice we need to raise a credit ot debit memo.

Hope this helps you.

Reward if helful.

Regards

Priyanka Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will posted in account only durning billing document. when you create credit for returns, accounting document will be generated.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

previous invoice document will be the same, but when u create returns u also generate a credit note to ur customer ,i.e. G2 billing document i.e same RE(billing document type).

This credit note/credit memo will reduce the amount to be received by the company in the customer g/l account.

I hope this is clear

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no accounting doucment gets generated just for order.But when you raise a creidt or debit memo it goes into accounting.