cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMI Related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Normally following is the process for VMI in std. scenario.........

1) Release of VMI forecast to SNP

2) SNP run to generate Planned transportation orders

3) Deployment run to generate recomended transportation orders

4) TLB load to generate confirmed transportation orders .

But My client do not want SNP run i.e. capacity planning function and its planned order in APO SNP...........as their MRP run for orders are already set in R/3 .........they want direct TLB run after DP forcast so that automated sales order will be tiggered in r/3............is it is possbile without SNP Run and Deployment run.................waiting for your valuable guidence.........

Best Regards

Sharad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu can run TLB w/o deployment; but I don't think you can run TLB based upon forecast...

If this is the case, why not just create sales orders instead of forecast...

you can release dp to snp using any snp planning area...

Its not relevant really anyway... just the atp category is the main criteria.

ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ken,

Thanks for reply............But when I am trying to transfer the forecast to SNP, system is taking planning area 9ASNP02 as default...............let me know how to change it?

and one more things , what are relevant setting in R/3 for Auto sale order creation.........pl revert.........

Best Regards,

Sharad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Am I correct in understanding that you want to run TLB based upon orders created by R/3 MRP? Are you going to transfer these orders to APO? But then you want TLB to run?

In a normal VMI scenario, when SNP runs, it will automatically create sales orders in R/3 to replenish the inventory. So not sure what you are trying to accomplish?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Actually I want to take TLB Run based on DP-forecast data (avoiding production planning/rough cut planning of SNP) so that sales order will be tiggered in R/3 before MRP Run in R/3 after TLB Run........Thanks for reply........waiting further............

Another question is when I was trying to transfer DP forecast to SNP via MC90 , it is taking planning area 9ASNP02 as default (in Extended Release Tab -Top Left of Screen) .............I want to change the same .......do you have any idea about this........

Best Regards

Sharad