cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Procedure for Billing Document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we assign the pricing procedure to Billing document or it is done through Pricing Type specified in Copy control at Item Level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hi,

In OVKI - we maintain the document pricing procedure

In OVKJ - we assign the document pricing procedure to the sales document type.

In OVTP - we assign the document prcing procedure to the billing document type.

In OVKK - we assign the pricing procedure to the combination of sales area, CPP and DPP. Thus if we want we can maintain different pricing procedures for sales document type and the billing document type. This is not a best practice but if the requirement demands then we can do it.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil

When we are doing the regular sales, pricing always will be copied from the sales order to the billing. If there any pricing conditions needs to be re determined we can use the option Pricing Update in the billing document. This needs to be customized through copy control process between sales document to billing document.

Having different pricing procedure for Billing used in specific scenarions like Intercompany Billing. In the Intercompany billing you can have different pricing procedure and condition types, which will applicable only for the intercompany billing document.

To determine the pricing procedure in the intercompany we assign a doc.pricing procedure in the billing type thereby system determines the pricing procedure and the condition types into the billing document.

Hope this will clarify your doubt

Regards,

Ravikiran Pochiraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my requirement is:

i need to create a creditmemo request w.r.t billing doc(f2).

in creditmemo request, i dont want all the conditions, except certain discount conditions, so that i can make changes to it and issue a creditmemo to customer.

for this i have created a new pricing procedure ONLY with the discount conditions, . inorder to determine the procedure , i have given a new doc pric proc to the creditmemo request.

but still the old procedure from F2 is comming?

how to do it?

what has to given at Pricing type in copy control?

any other option for copying the conditoins and giving a new rate of discount?

will factor discount in invoice list do the work?

points will be given for the best answer.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Go to VOFA, select your credit memo billing type and maintain a different document pricing procedure which is not maintained for your F2 billing document.

2) Go to OVKK, maintain the new pricing procedure for the combination of your sales area, document pricing produre and customer pricing procedure.

3) Now go to VTAF, select your billing document type and sales document type and click on blue lens on top left. Maintain routine 052 or 053

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not really a best practice to assign another pricing procedure in the billing doc but if needed we can do that...it's a possible thingy..thnx...Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunil,

we know that the pricing procedure is determined by

sales area + doc. pricing pro. + customer pricing procedure

here document pricing procedure is assigned to sales document types and Billing Types.

the system takes doc. pricing procedure from the respective billilng type and customer pricing procedure from customer master and identifies the respective pricing procedure and calculated the prices.

If u assign document pricing procedure to the billing type functionality and maintained the pricing procedure determination then the system taked this into account determine the pricing procedure while creating the Invoice and calculates the prices.

If u do not maintain the doc. pricing procedure for Billing type then for carrying the pricing conditions from the previous documet u can control it during copy controls.

reward points if it is helpful

thanks & regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Yes, we can assign different pricing procedure during billing. As someone above told, only DoPP of Billing doc differs from DoPP of Sales doc. this generally happens in Rebates where rebates are only applicable in billing. This requires requirment 24 (only in billing document) assigned against the Condition type one wants to include in billing only.

hope it clarifies your doubts

reward.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

In standard SAP, a Pricing procedure can be assigned to a billing type also i.e. if necessary as per the business requirement.

The pricing type maintained at the copy control level will only update the existing pricing conditions. like for example if taxes, freight etc are different at the order/delivery level and the billing level, then you use pricing type to update the same.

<b>Reward points if helps</b>

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Interesting question and this is what I think should be happening.

Pric Proc is determined by Sales Area + Document Pricing Proc + Customer Pric Proc.

Between the sales document and billing document the only factor that could change is the document pricing procedure. So incase the document pricing procedure differs between the 2 documents, a new procedure would be determined in the billing document. If they do not differ the same procedure would be used and the control would be as per the configuration given in the copy controls.

Any thoughts???

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb