cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous Copy 4.6C->4.6D Ora 9.2->10.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm performing a heterogeneous copy from 4.6C with Ora 9.2 32bit on Suse 8 to 4.6C (Kernel 4.6DEXT) with Ora 10.2 64bit on Suse 10.

The problem is that I've not found the SAR file described in note 946141, I need Support package SAP Kernel 4.6D_EXT 64bit LINUX on x86_64 Oracle.

Thx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No coment :'(

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

the mentioned path in the note says:

http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> Additional Components -> SAP Kernel -> SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT 64-BIT

This is not correct. Use instead:

http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> Additional Components -> SAP Kernel -> SAP KERNEL 64-BIT -> SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT 64-BIT

I found it there.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael.

I’ve got this package, but it seems that I need one file in addition, for all other platforms I’ve found an extra file *.SAR but I haven’t found it for this particular case. I’m following the instructions in the note 816145

I’m currently installing with the Ora 9.2 and later on upgrade it to 10.2 but I also failed because the runinstaller for Oracle try to find libjava.so, but it fails.

Thx in advance.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It´s a bit difficult to "guess" what´s going wrong here without having the log files of your Oracle installation... What did you execute to install Oracle?

What do you mean with "extra SAR file"? which one?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle is already installed after blood, sweat and tears.

The .SAR file is mentioned in note 946141.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mentioned path in that directory will only be accessible if you bought an extended maintenance contract for 4.6c. The general maintenance for 4.6c/4.6d products is over (ended december 2006) and if you want to go on running that release you need that contract.

If you have made that contract and you still can't see that part of the tree, I'd suggest opening an OSS call at

XX-SER-GEN-CONTR

and ask them, why you don't see that specific part.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Marcus

I have the contract,I read the tree but the mentioned file does not exist for linuxx86_64.

SAP is already installed, I'm currently working in post processes.

The problem is reported to SAP in a OSS message but the answer does not satisfy my expectations yet.

If you haven't made the same migration please don't waste your time (I'm quite sure that only people made exactly the same recently can help), I've been working on this for more than a month.

Anyway your support and effort are very good appreciated.

Thank you very much

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

Reread note 946141, can you check if the following works for you. I will have the note corrected

Update the Kernel CD

Proceed as follows:

1. Mount the original Kernel CD from your installation package or

download it from the SAP Software Distribution Center on SAP Service

Marketplace at 'http://service.sap.com/swdc > Download >

Installations and Upgrades > Entry by Application Group > SAP

Application Components > <choose your component, for example 'SAP

R/3'>' -> Installation -> <choose your OS, for example 'LINUX'> ->

ORACLE'.

64-Bit 4.6D_EXT kernel for Linux x86_64 only:

Download the Linux 32-Bit Kernel CD and use the procedure from step 2 and 3 to replace the 32bit kernel by a more recent kernel for Linux 64-bit (see also note 939406).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx! Manfred

We found the tree you provided right, we already downloaded from there some days ago. What I'm currently work is in finding the .SAR file mentioned in note 946141, step 3 (title "Installation Oracle 10.2.0") for linux x86_64.

If you try t find it in: <i>Support Packages and Patches->Additional Components-> SAP Kernel-> SAP KERNEL 64-BIT-> SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT 64-BIT->Linux on x86_64 64bit->Oracle</i> you will realize that there is no "Installation Oracle 10.2.0" SAR file.

You can find the "Installation Oracle 10.2.0"SAR file for all other platforms (AIX 64bit,HP-UX on IA64 64bit, HP-UX on PA-RISC 64bit, Linux on IA64 64bit and Solaris on SPARC 64bit), this file is missed for Linux on x86_64 64bit, Reliant 64bit and TRU64 64bit.

Thanks for your support & effort

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

You can do me a favour and get the 32bit version of 46CSR2_7-10002546.SAR and try with this one. Then replace sapexe and sapexedb by the 64bit versionx you can download under "Support Packages and Patches->Additional Components-> SAP Kernel-> SAP KERNEL 64-BIT-> SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT 64-BIT->Linux on x86_64 64bit->Oracle"

Chapter 1.3 of the note 946141 should read

Download the required SAR file (title "Installation Oracle

10.2.0")for your operating system from SAP Service Marketplace at

"http://service.sap.com/swdc > Download > Support Packages and

Patches > Entry by Application Group > Additional Components >

SAP Kernel > SAP KERNEL <32 or 64>BIT > SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT <32

or 64>-BIT > <O S> > Oracle" and save it to a local file system.

64-Bit Linux x86_64 only:

Use path SAP Kernel > SAP KERNEL <32 or 64>BIT > SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT <32>-BIT > <O S> > Oracle, the 32-bit installation also works on x86_64 64 Bit (see note 939406).

Chapter 1.4 should read

Extract the SAR file from the share using the following commands:

SAPCAR -xvf <SAR file> -R <destination folder>.

64-Bit Linux x86_64 only:

Then replace SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR (found under Unix/Linux_32) by the 64bit versions found under "http://service.sap.com/swdc > Download > Support Packages and Patches > Entry by Application Group > Additional Components >

SAP Kernel > SAP KERNEL 64BIT > SAP KERNEL 4.6D_EXT 64-BIT > Linux > Oracle" . Don't forget to rename the SAR packages to SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred

We tried with 46CSR2_7-10002546.SAR but we modified some .R3S files because this patch is for IA32.

The SAP is already installed, and we are now with postprocesses.

Thanks a lot.

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

Note 816145 should have your changes, would be great if you can confirm. I think I have a reference to note 816145 added to note 946141 chapter 1.4, then we will have everything in place.