cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding cash journal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i am facing aproblem in CJ that i want to make payment on 02.05.2007 and the closing balance and reciept amount is 100000,

but whwn i make apayment of 10000 then system gives message that amount is exceeded than closing balance.

suggest me what to do ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First see what is the balance. Because sometimes some transactions are save but not post and one more if the date when u want to make a payment if there is no sufficient balance. the system will generate this error.

See the cash journal account balance once in FBL3N.

Hope if it is helpful, Assign points,porblem revert me

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

the problem is exactly in cash journal is i am posting for cash payment on 02.05.2007 on that day opening bal. is 50000, cash reciept amt.is 00000, cash payment amt is 00000

and closing balance is 50000.

but when i am posting for cash payment for transaction petty cash amt-10000 then system gives error"Payment amount is larger than cash on hand. Change amount"

why so?

urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

Could you please check the balance in the GL account for that cash journal.

thanks

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i had checked the gl a/c there is 40000 in that a/c

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ashok,

i think i had traced the problem but please u clearify me.

i have done posting on 01.05.2007 in cash journal and on that day closing bal was 50000

and then i did payment posting on 08.05.2007 the closing bal. become 2000

and again if i want to post payment amount 10000 on 2.05.2007 then will the posting be done or not.

in same cash journal.

please ckearify it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are saying the balance before making payment 50000. when one person said check the balance you are saying 40000. it means 10000 is reduced. see the details of 10000. then u will get clear details.

Coming to error. For your user id see the currency digits in user profile. Because this is i faced earlier. But once clearly specified the amount it will take. if not please the gl account balances once. give reply immediately

Hope this is clear, if yes assign points.

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello durga,

please see the above thread whichever i post to ashok that is the exact scenario and suggest me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the following:

sometime, users save the transaction, but not posted. In that movement system will block the amount to that extent. Save transaction u can find with yellow colour.

if you find some thing like above, u can ask them either increase the fund or delete enteries saved but not posted.

you can find the same if u maintain the display period from 01.04.2007 - 21.08.2007

hope it can help u to resolve this issue

all the best

prasad