cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID Required infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I've read the RFID-Enabled Supply Chain Execution Master Guide, version 1.2 March 15, 2005. There, I found some installation scenarios, depending on the backend of my choice... however, the only choices for backend are SAP ECC 5.0, SAP R/3 Enterprise and SAP R/3 4.6C. Are there any other documents that I can check out, if, for example, I wanted other installation scenarios, such as with Oracle?

And any other important documents you think I should check out?

Thanks for your help

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro;

I don't know of any documents available to date, but there are some third-pary suppliers who probably have something available. I know Peak Technologies has worked quite a bit with AII and Oracle separately, so they may have something.

It also might be worth looking at it from the XI angle, since it works with AII very well. I imagine there is documentation available on getting XI to work with other backend solutions.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, but please do let us know if you find something!

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, what about the Standalone AII installation? I've seen it mentioned in some PPT's but nothing concrete..... do yuo know something?

I'll keep searching 😃

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you haven't seen it already, check this out:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_autoid21/helpdata/en/

Best Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, try:

service.sap.com/instguides (you will need your OSS ID) and look in the following path on the left-hand side menu:

> Installation & Upgrade Guides

> SAP Components

> RFID-Enables Supply Chain Execution

> Using SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure 2.0

-John

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for a standalone installation

you may check here:

https://service.sap.com/ibc

.... for mySAP SCM

RFID-Enabled Supply Chain Execution

(RFID-Enabled Slap&Ship Outbound Processing)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Thanks a lot!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

glad I could help:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Sorry to bug again, but after reading the RFID-Enabled Slap & Ship Outbound processing, I notice that the SAP BW is included in the Process flow.... so does it need it or I can install AII standalone without any other SAP (or other vendor's) component?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro!

BW 3.5 comes with AII 2.1, but I am not sure if you can get them separately. They are more-or-less integrated, depending on your viewpoint. You don't need a separate instance of BW if that answers your question.

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far, AII is a separate product based stand-alone J2EE. It holds tag information but the version we use, I have hard time reading it. our architecture is consist of, RFID reader station, AII server, XI server, and EM(SCM) server. I have not yet seen the guide but if it has similar architecture and it was published after Aug 2004, it's probably based on our system.

for the question regarding importing it into oracle, as long as oracle can accept XML or IDOC, via HTTP, proxy, RFC, &etc., XI can handle it. so it would be RFID reader, AII, XI, then oracle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW is included in the AII 2.1 package, but you may choose not to use it. The Process Flow makes it seem BW is necessary, but it is not - you can use AII alone.

Having said that, it helps to use BW, since BW objects are built-in - just activate BW (txn SBIW, RSA1 etc on AII box) and you are on your way.

Regards,

Santanu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new with RFID, I have read the Master Guide, the Upgrade.

But I dont understand if netweaver is really needed for the installation. I am using version 5.0 or 4.7

Can anyone help me please??

Thanks!