cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy node rename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement i need to rename to Hierarchy node Depreciation I have hierarchy in query that will start like below

333 under this 1000 under this p2000 under this g4000 now i need to change depreciation for g4000.

This change description rename can i do in query level.r any other way is there

plz can any one help on this

thank in advance

kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarhan,

Do you mean transaction RSH1? I have never used RSD1. Perhaps this is a better way to alter custom hierarchies?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the hierarchy is being extracted from the source system, manually changing the node name is not gonna help you,. As with ur next hierarchy load, the new node name you created is gonna overwritten by the node name in the source system. If this hierarchy is being loaded from a flat file you can change it in the file itself.

So its always better to change the set/hierarchy in the source system to make the change permanent and persistent. You need to talk to ur functional folks/business who own the hierarchy and ask them to change it in the source system itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

If this description change will be permanent you have to do it hierarcy data of the infoobject. The best way is to change it in the source and reload to BW, if it is user defined one then change it manually in BW.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarhan,

Can u give me step by step how to change the source and reload to BW and user defined one then change it manually in BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

changing the hier in source is depends on the hier. I mean if it's product hier, or cost center hier, or profit center hier, or customer hier then you have o use different transactions in R3.

If it's a user defined hier basen on a infoobject then you can use RSD1 and mantain hier of that infoobject.

Sarhan.