cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC processing inbound in receiver system , transaction WE57

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

possibly a simple question for those who are familar with IDOC processing.

In transaction WE57 you can add function modules for processing IDOCs e.g. inbound IDOCs.

Now I see in our system that there are two function modules added to the same IDOC.

Example Basis type MATMAS03:

Function modules: IDOC_INPUT_MATMAS01 and IDOC_INPUT_MATMASMDM.

We want to add an individual mapping on receiver side (not on XI, because it has to be accessible to a user group on receiver side to change required field contents sometimes) for fields which are empty.

My idea is that we can add a func.module here in WE57 for this purpose. But what about the existing two FMs?

Will they be processed in a sequence so that we can add more FMs to the same IDOC type?

Or should I replace one of them with a Z_IDOC_INPUT_MATMASxxx by copying it and adding the required functionality?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Only 1 Function Module can be added to one IDOC processing. or for same basic type the message type should be different. You can create one additional message type in WE82 & attach it to same IDOC basic type then you can attach your Function Module to this new IDOC in WE57which will be same in all characteristics to Matmas but will be processed with different Function Module.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Will they be processed in a sequence so that we can add more FMs to the same IDOC type?

I dont think ....

BTW you would get better response if you post the question in ABAP forum.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/abap-forums

Regards,

Sumit