cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to solicit your views on which should actually comes first in terms of installation sequence - is it DB Instance then Central Instance or the other way around. Is there a standard order for all setups or it various like for Unix and Windows?

As practice, I usually install Central Instance then followed by DB Instance - did this for Windows and Oracle. With Informix, I had this issue where setup won't proceed because it is trying to locate the database. I have read some materials where for Linux there is an order prescribed along with Windows. With this, I wish to know by practice about your idea on this. Thank you.

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Ryan Ericson Canlas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to SDN...

I disagree... Usually you install the DB instance first... at lease this is the case with MSSQL, MAXDB and DB2/DB6... Oracle is the exception to the rule... and even Oracle usually do part of the installation of the CI then the installation pauses for you to install the DB and then resume the installation... this is because 90% of the SAP installation process is create and populate the DB. So basically and by definition you can't have a funtional CI without a DB.

This procedures are well defined in the installation guides for the OS and DB of your choice.

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for all sap installation procee first we need to install Central instance and next Database instace.

regrds

ajai