Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : Barcode Printing porblem in smartforms.

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

-

I am be able to see the barcode in print-preview but while i am taking the print of that smartform it shows the value of that barcode...

How to solve this problem?

-

when i am seeing the barcode in print-preview it is showing the black color rectangles... it seems like barcode but its not giving the output of exact code39 barcode...

How to solve this proble ?

-

Please avoid posting unnecessory replies... Please post only for particular problem... It will save yours and mine both's time....

Please let me know if anyone wants any further information.

Thanks in advance.

Ilesh Nandaniya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I had similiar problems until I defined a local barcode in SE73, as a system barcode, and used it. From then on, even the copy machine prints out barcodes.

2. black color rectangles are ok for print preview.

Message was edited by: max. changed SE78 to SE73

max smulowicz

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I had similiar problems until I defined a local barcode in SE73, as a system barcode, and used it. From then on, even the copy machine prints out barcodes.

2. black color rectangles are ok for print preview.

Message was edited by: max. changed SE78 to SE73

max smulowicz

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Can you explain it in brief on how to solve this problem ?

Can you give me step by step information ?

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks in advance.

Ilesh Nandaniya

0 Kudos

1. go to SE73.

2. choose SYSTEM BAR CODES radio button and then press CHANGE.

3. in the following screen press CREATE. a popup screen will show.

4. you can choose either OLD or NEW barcode technology. I'll go with NEW.

5. name your barcode. I usually choose Z + customer's company name for marketing reasons. continue.

6. choose the symbology. This information should be provided from the person handling the barcode machine itself. We'll go with the popular code 128 for this example. continue.

7. barcode alignment - choose the one that fits your form best. continue.

8. barcode parameters - again, choose the one that fits your form best. continue.

9. save the barcode.

moving on to SMARTFORMS transactions.

go into the smartform style you're using, or create a new one.

1. create a new character format. I usually name it BC for barcode

2. on the second box (barcode) of the first tab (standard settings), you can now choose the barcode you created.

3. save and exit.

and that's about it. from now on, when choosing the style with the barcode in it, you have the option to applying your barcode font to a text the same way you apply any other font.

Hope this helps. There are other ways probably, but this one works for certain. The only problem I had with it, was when using hebrew fonts and barcode together on a zebra printer from the early nineties.

0 Kudos

Hi max,

Thanks for giving the solution for this.

I will try out for this...

Thanks a lot..

Regards.

Ilesh Nandaniya