Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with PO (Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario -

An item in PO is received (101 mvt type) & subsequently been issued to a subcontractor (541 mvt type), hence stock at our plant is 0.

Problem -

1. The price in PO while doing the GR was say 10, so in the purchase order history tab of item in PO, 'Amount in local curr' column has 10.

2. The invoice was later sent with price - 14, so when finance posted the invoice, it was blocked due to variation (>1% variation not allowed).

3. Now i want to change the price in PO, which i can, but the price displayed in 'Amount in local curr' still remains 10 & there is no option for me to change it.

4. I tried doing 102 & then doing a 101 mvt with the new price, but i am not able to do it, because the stock is 0.

So is there anyway i can now change the price in PO & the same be reflected in 'Amount in local curr' column & therefore finance can post the invoice

Hope my question is clear, await inputs.

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the PO price is interesting only if you cancel the 102 movement then repost the 101.

Maybe you can

- temporarily increase the stock with a movement 501

- cancel the GR with a 102

- change the PO price

- post the new GR with a 101

- cancel the 501

Message was edited by:

Philippe Campels

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue has been resolved as per the steps mentioned by Philippe Campels, thank you very much for helping me out & also thanks to others for having provided alternative ways to solve the issue. Keep the good work going.

Note for Vishal - In MB1C, i did not find movement type 561 or 562.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vivek

MB1C is used for initial stock entry using movement 561 mostly used by FI

may be u don't have access for that

vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vivek

look for this sol. also

increase initial stock by MB1C movement 561

+ cancel the GR with a 102

+change the PO price

+post the new GR with a 101

+cancel MB1C with 562

I haven't done this before but have a look.

Or u have option to accept IV with value diff.

Vishal....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

One way is to take back stock with 542 & then reverse MIGO 102 then change the price & post Invoice, send it to subcontactor with 541 again.

Since you are not doing any physical movements this should not be an issue.

Regards

Rang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath

Thanks for that inputs. I tried the same, but not able to do 542 mvt type because

1. The vendor has already used that material to build a sub-assembly & that sub-assembly in-turn has been received by us & the same has been posted to project stock.

2. So the stock for this item at sub-contractor is 0 & hence we cannot do 542 movement.

Is there any other way out for this?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

If this is case then why don't you think of posting directly in FI for difference amount or adjust in next PO with a remarks.

Regards

Rang