cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Transaction iview opens new Internet Explorer window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a transaction iview for launching RRMXP (with parameter) in order to start old 3.X workbooks via the BI7 portal. In my portal I have created an link of type "external link" to my iview and when I click this link, Bex Analyzer is opened with the report just as it should, but I also get one new Internet Explorer window with the portal.

Does anybody know how I can get rid of this extra Internet Explorer window?

I have tried to change the "Launch in new window" setting but this makes no difference, and I have also tried to create a link of type "link" to call my iview, but still it opens a new Internet Explorer window.

Really appreciate all help,

Best regards

Mikael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have gotten the message from SAP that this is not possible to avoid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Akruthi,

I am using this functionallity to open old 3.5 reports, these must be opened in MS Excel, which they are. But I also get one new Internet Explorer window (with the portal) that I have no need for.

To summarize: I log on to portal, click my link, get a new Internet Explorer window with the portal (which I do not want), and I get my Excel started with the old report.

Best regards,

Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akruthi,

That I have already done, but that only means that the input screen for transaction RRMXP is automatically processed with my parameter as input. I still get a new Internet Explorer window.

Best regards,

Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what u r getting in that new explorer window.

I have just tried it . when i click on the iview . i am getting a new internet explorer window next immediate secon i am getting work book on that new window.

i think workbook opens in new window only not in portal content area.

may be i am not sure

Regards,

Akruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akruthi,

Yes, I am trying to publish 3.5 workbooks to the portal via a transaction ivew for RRMXP, with workbook id as parameter. Locally I have .net 1.1 and 2 installed, as well as the latest GUI version, but it still get an extra internet explorer window when I click my link. It seems to me as this should be an iview setting of some sort, but I have not been able to find it?

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards,

Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

In Iview properties

Process First Screen parameter set to yes..

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mikael . I also faced the same problem.

I think u r trying to publish workbook in portal .

For that u have created transaction iview using RRMXP Tcode.

I think u have given application parametrs too.

u have to install .net 1.1 & 2. on ur system

install gui set 640 and 25 patch

and apply 7.0 patch to gui..

Contact ur basis guy or else network administrator..

after this u won't get any errors & opening new windows.

Cheers,