cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long term Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

What is Long term inspection and where is it useful...? What are its advantages...

Regards,

Ameya K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya ,

If you have maintained a characterictics as Long term inspection then you can do the result recording even after the UD has been taken for the inspection lot ......... but the same is not possible for the Short term inspection characteristics..........

Please let me know if you have any further query regarding this..........

Please reward points if helpful........

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

But what is the advantage of maintaining Long term inspection setting...As you mentioned that result recording can be done even after UD has been done...But in QE51N if I enter the inspection lot number afetr UD has been done...I dont get the chance to do result recording again...

Thanks..

Regards,

Ameya K.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya

If you have defined the characteristics as long term inspection ....... then we can change the result even after the UD has been taken for the lot........ can you please maintain the char of the material as long term inspection & then create a lot.......& after the result recording do the UD........ you will find that even after the UD as the char are maintaned as long term inspection we will be able to change the result................

Please check the scenerio...... as I don't have sandbox here ..........

Thanks

Kaushik

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya

A review that can be continued after the short-term inspection is completed and the usage decision has been made for the inspection lot....... for this purpose we go for long tern inspection .........

Thanks

Kaushik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameya,

When executing transaction QE51N with the intention of recording 'Long Term Inspection', there is an indicator in the selection screen 'With long-term inspection' that you have to set, otherwise the selection does not work.

Regards.

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the answer....it works by selecting long term planning indicator......but can you plz elucidate me on the practical application of long term inspection planning...

Regards,

Ameya K.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya

As per my understanding .......... there are some parameters or char that we want to check say after some time (ageing peroid)....... but we don't want to create a new inspection lot for that again ....... in that case we can update the latest result for the same .......

Thanks

Kaushik