cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of bp role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m working in SAP 5.0. Here I m creating a role as C.E.O by coping the Employee in Tcode BUSD. I created a role but when I m coming to IMG, CAC BP roles and assigning it is giving the message NO STANDARD ASSIGNMENT NDEFINED FOR BP ROLE CATEGORY BBP003. But BBP003 is for Plant. Once I m giving this I m able to save. When I m deleting this Role from IMG, CAC it is giving the same message and I m not able to delete.

Second thing If I created the same thing and I go to screen Configuration in IMG it is the giving the message "THE VERSION OF VCT IS NOT THE CURRENT VERSION". the new version of vct is avaiable for release 4.6C SP01

Thanks

Chinmaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

In BUSD, BP Views are created from CRM 5.0 but not BP Roles. BP Roles are created in SPRO. Please check which category you have assigned in SPRO for the newly created. May be you are using the same category which is used for Plant (BBP003). Due to which the error is being thrown as no standard assignment is defined for this category.

Check SAP Note 485724 for the VCT problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudheer,

Thanks for ur reply. But in crm 4.0 we were creating the role in BUSD. Is ti changed in crm 5.0. next come to my problem. i hv created a new role as C.E.O in spro. but I m not able to delete. I had assigned the role to category employee. It is throwing the messaGE AS "NO STANDARD ASSIGNMENT DEFINED FOR BP ROLE CATEGORY BBP003". Can U guide me what is this error.

Thnks in Advance

Chinmaya

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

Yes, from CRM 5.0 the roles concept has changed. In previous releases roles are created in BUSD. But in CRM 5.0 roles can be created as part of customizing itself. In BUSD BP Views are created and can be linked to the role in SPRO.

One role category can be assigned to any number of roles. But out of all these roles one role should be mentioned as standard assignment. Here for the Plant role category this is missing which is causing the problem. This can be corrected in the maintenance of the role Plant in SPRO. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

If I wl assign the bp Role cat as plant it wl be deleted. But i did the same thing. Initially I assigned the Bp role cat as Employee. When I changed to plant it is not changing it is giving the same message no standanrd........

Tell me how can I delete this

Thanks

Chinmaya

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

I am not clear about the problem you are facing.

But if you click on any role which has category BP Role cateory Plant assigned, there you can also see which other roles are maintained under this category and the standard assignment also can be seen.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Let me tell u What is in screen.

Bp role--- C.E.O

title---Chief Executive Officer

Des----Chief Executive Officer

Hide

BProle catagory-----Plant

std assigmnent bp role--> bp role cat ( i marked it as tick)

additional bp roles for bp role cat bbp003

BPRole Title

BBP003 Plant

CRM014 Mrp area

Interface Control

BP VIEW

Position

This Is the screen. Hope U wl get my doubt.

Thanks

Chinmaya

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

First, dont assign any role category to your role.

Now see to that the standard settings are in place.

Standard settings are as follows:

BBP003 (Plant) role assigned to category BBP003.

CRM014 (MRP Area) role assigned to category CRM014.

The role BBP003 should have the standard assignment flag checked.

Now go to the new role and assign the role category BBP003. And set the std assignment flag. Once you set here the previous assignment to the role BBP003 will be automatically deleted. I feel some inconsistent data in your system is causing these problem. Try to do this and hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Might be U did nt understand my problem. I had assigned already the role category as plant to my role ceo. In role BBP003Standard assignment BP Role-> Bp role cat there is no tick mark.

But in my role I hv already assigned the tick mark in my std assignment. If I tick the plant the CEO will not be marked as tick and vice versa in std assignment. If possible can U provide ur mail id I can send u both role screen shot tat U can distinguish the problem.

Thanks

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved it.

Thanks

Chinmaya