cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO to R/3 via ITS, working, but got a little doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I was configuring SSO from EP6.0 to an ITS Server,which talks to backend SAP system. from what i know was that both EP and ITS and CRM should be in the same domain to work with SAP logon ticket.

in my scenario, I have EP and CRM in same domain ex: comp.com, but my ITS server is in different domain comp.co.corp, and the alias of this ITS server is comp.com

I am able to set up SSO, but was surprised becuase i didnt do any cross domain SSO steps.. is it ok, if we have just an alias in the same domain of ep or crm (is it not necessary that the ITS system should be in same domain)..

please lemme know

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koduru,

Could you please provide me the steps to implement SSo in my landscape. I have to configure SSO using logon tickets for ESS users on EP6SP2, R/34.7 and ITS installed on 3 different machines. ITS is on a different domain.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

you're right. When you access the ITS via the alias which is as you described in the same domain as the Portal, the Browser provides the Cookie also to this server. You can give it a try and change the ITS URL to the different domain.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

i didnt get you..

i.e. change the ITS URL?????

i have set my ITS parameters of the system pointing to the alias which is in the same domain, and i think this alias is redirecting the cookie created to the original ITS server residing in different domain..

thank you

raj

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

did you mean the with the Alias the DNS Alias of the ITS or the Alias name in the Portal? A DNS Alias does not redirect the HTTP request.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I think I am facing the problem now. Are you sure that A DNS alias which is in same domain of portal will not redirect the cookie.

becuase my problem is that , It worked fine with CRM, but am facing some problem with R3.

what do u think?

Please see the answer from Sean,Morgan in the following post and lemme know your comments.

any help is appreciated

Thank you

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you tried Sean's suggestion?

Regards

Gregor